View Full Version : [ubuntu] A couple of problems with DV6 2120sp

April 16th, 2011, 10:42 AM

I have installed ubuntu 10.10 64bit on my laptop since February this year.

I really like this OS because I have installed Macbuntu 10.10, and everything is very similar to MAC, and everything runs very smoothly.

There is just a couple of issue that I am not yet completely satisfied, and I've already tried to remedy this lossing a whole lot of hours, but without any results.

My laptop is a:

HP Pavilion dv6-2120sp
Microprocessor 2.5 GHz AMD Turion II Ultra Dual-Core Processor M620
Microprocessor Cache Level 2 cache 2 MB
Memory 4 GB DDR2 (2 x 2048 MB)
Memory Max Supports up to 8 GB DDR2 memory
Video Graphics ATI Radeon HD 4650 Graphics
Video Memory up to 2815 MB total available graphics memory with 1 GB dedicated DDR3
Display 39.6 cm (15.6") Diagonal High-Definition LED HP BrightView Display (1366 x 768)
Hard Drive 320 GB SATA Hard Disk Drive 7200 rpm
Multimedia Drive SATA optical drive: LightScribe SuperMulti DVD±RW with Double Layer Support
Network Card Integrated 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN
Wireless Connectivity 802.11 b/g/n
Sound Altec Lansing speakers - SRS Premium Sound
Keyboard Full size keyboard with integrated numeric keypad
Pointing Device Touch Pad with On/Off button and dedicated vertical Scroll Up/Down pad
PC Card Slots 1 ExpressCard/54 Slot (also supports ExpressCard/34), 5-in-1 integrated Digital Media Reader for Secure Digital cards, MultiMedia cards, Memory Stick, Memory Stick Pro or xD Picture cards
External Ports
4 USB 2.0 (4th shared with eSATA port)
1 eSATA + USB connector
1 VGA port
1 RJ45 ethernet connector
expansion port
2 headphones-out
1 mic-in
1 FireWire IEEE 1394 port

And the following I'd really like to solve:

1. The sound quality is bad. (seems that I'm hearing the music without base, just terrible sound)

2. The touchpad is very sensitive, when I hold my finger at the same place the pointer is moving. (i've tried and set the options with pointing devices, but did not helped)

3. When my Laptop enters in suspension mode, after that my laptop cannot go on. (lights of the buttons goes on but the screen does not goes on.

With windows 7 i do not have this problems...

Can anyone please help me with these problems?