PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Brother dcp 350 c

christon74
April 15th, 2011, 06:44 PM
Hello everybody):P
I have lost the driver for my Brother DCP 350 C
ubuntu version: 10.10 (Maverick Meerkat) and yes IT IS A STABLE VERSION, I have downloaded it from the official UBUNTU website.
I have tried the Bother website (printer solution for linux) I have downloaded cupswrapper, lpr...etc...
have done other 'fiddlings':lolflag:
not to much avail, my printer will not print anything.

:cry: Awww. I need my printer..... Please help !

Christophe NAUD

Redblade20XX
April 15th, 2011, 07:02 PM
Does the system give any notification of what's the problem? Does the print screen show your printer connected and is available for printing?

christon74
April 15th, 2011, 07:11 PM
it says there is something missing : 'brlpdwrapperdcp350c'. I have tried the synaptic, but there is nothing by that name....
There seems to be a driver for this particular printer, but it does not work.....

plucky
April 15th, 2011, 10:27 PM
According to the Ubuntu Wiki (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BrotherDriverPackaging) for Brother Driver Packaging,your printer driver is packaged in the Ubuntu Repositories.

Open Synaptic Package Manager and search for dcp-350c and it should find
brother-cups-wrapper-extra
brother-lpr-drivers-extra and I think if you select the cups-wrapper driver to be installed,it will install both sets of drivers.

Then go to System > Administration > Printer and Add a new printer.
When it comes to the driver selection window,choose the correct one for your printer.

Good Luck

christon74
April 16th, 2011, 04:46 AM
Have already done that. the cups and lpr extra are already present and the only driver suggested is this:
Brother-DCP-350 C CUPS v1.1 [en] (current)
I am thinking about buying a new printer, one which will immediately be recongnized by Ubuntu....

plucky
April 16th, 2011, 08:10 AM
Have already done that. the cups and lpr extra are already present and the only driver suggested is this:
Brother-DCP-350 C CUPS v1.1 [en] (current)
I am thinking about buying a new printer, one which will immediately be recongnized by Ubuntu....

Open a terminal and post output of
dpkg -l | grep brother

That is the driver I get also in my list.

it says there is something missing : 'brlpdwrapperdcp350c'. I have tried the synaptic, but there is nothing by that name....
There seems to be a driver for this particular printer, but it does not work.....

When do you get this error?

Is your printer connected with a USB connection?