PDA

View Full Version : Ubuntu Netbook Edition Problem

ossBASHA
April 14th, 2011, 05:00 AM
Hello everyone,

I'm looking at installing Ubuntu NBE, however I went through the setup process numerous times and got stuck where I have to fill in my Name, User name, password etc. It reads "ready when you are" at the bottom of the screen and all my information is properly inputted, however it will not allow me to click "forward". I am 100% positive that I am entering my info properly.

Help!

miradus
April 14th, 2011, 05:36 AM
Hello everyone,

I'm looking at installing Ubuntu NBE, however I went through the setup process numerous times and got stuck where I have to fill in my Name, User name, password etc. It reads "ready when you are" at the bottom of the screen and all my information is properly inputted, however it will not allow me to click "forward". I am 100% positive that I am entering my info properly.

Help!

Hey there! Are you booting from a CD or Flash Drive? What steps did it allow you to complete in the installation process?

K_45
April 14th, 2011, 05:41 AM
Can you post a screenshot?

ossBASHA
April 15th, 2011, 03:45 AM
Hey there! Are you booting from a CD or Flash Drive? What steps did it allow you to complete in the installation process?

I'm booting from a flash drive. Here's a screenshot:

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/th.5e480bcf28.png (http://www.freeimagehosting.net/image.php?5e480bcf28.png)

K_45
April 15th, 2011, 04:02 AM
Choose Require My Password to Log in. You can change it later. That should allow you to move forward.

ossBASHA
April 15th, 2011, 04:54 AM
Choose Require My Password to Log in. You can change it later. That should allow you to move forward.

I tried that before and it didn't work. What am I supposed to select for "mount point" when creating a partition? I think I selected /boot.

K_45
April 15th, 2011, 05:23 AM
As a basic manual partitioning scheme you should select:

/ as root, ext4 15GB or so (format/primary)

swap, double your RAM (primary)

/home, ext4 rest of the disk (format/primary)

You may need to specify a /boot partition if required (such as a server), but this isn't required right now.

3rdalbum
April 15th, 2011, 06:03 AM
No capital letters or spaces for your username. And the mount point for your main Ubuntu partition must be /; /boot only holds the bootloader, but / holds everything.

ossBASHA
April 16th, 2011, 06:46 AM
Problem solved. I created the two separate partitions "/" and "/boot" and used a lower case username.

Thanks guys!