PDA

View Full Version : How to decide which Open Source projects to donate to?

BandD
April 14th, 2011, 01:47 AM
Question 1:

Do you donate to any open source projects?

Question 2:

How do you decide which projects to donate to?

Lucradia
April 14th, 2011, 01:50 AM
1: Yes.

2: I decide based on what their impact in the future may be.

NightwishFan
April 14th, 2011, 02:50 AM
I would say donate to something that does a lot such as Gnome or Debian. Or something that interests you personally such as a single application.

unknownPoster
April 14th, 2011, 03:03 AM
I don't have money to donate, so I donate my time for one particular FOSS project that I volunteered to help with. In some circumstances, more contributors can be more valuable than more money.

inobe
April 14th, 2011, 03:05 AM
donate to the apps you use and enjoy.

Chronon
April 14th, 2011, 03:05 AM
1. I have in the past and will in the future.

2. I contribute time or money to projects that interest me most.

Spr0k3t
April 14th, 2011, 03:54 AM
I donate to 501(c)3 charitable contributions which use Linux as a primary basis for their products or services. In my donations, I make a huge note about the use of Linux. I've gone back to the same five local organizations every year. Some organizations that I would like to donate to which does not use Linux... I send them a note offering my time as a personal trainer.

tjwoosta
April 14th, 2011, 04:05 AM
How to decide which Open Source projects to donate to?

Which projects do you use the most? Of those projects which ones do you think would benefit the most from your donation?

I like to donate to smaller/lesser known projects that I think have a bright future. I figure lots people are donating to the larger well known projects, so my contribution would make more of a difference for the little guys.

sammiev
April 14th, 2011, 04:07 AM
Which projects do you use the most? Of those projects which ones do you think would benefit the most from your donation?

I like to donate to smaller/lesser known projects that I think have a bright future. I figure lots people are donating to the larger well known projects, so my contribution would make more of a difference for the little guys.

Dido :)