PDA

View Full Version : [xubuntu] No "Add" button in Settings >> Keyboard >> Application Shortcuts

bjackman
April 11th, 2011, 08:25 AM
I'm using Xubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx, and I'm trying to set up a keyboard shortcut for xfce4-terminal. I've read a million threads and articles telling me how to do it (go to settings >> keyboard >> application shortcuts tab and click add), but when I open that interface there is no "add" button, although the interface is a table that impliesn in its appearance that things can be added to it. I've read of other people in forum threads mentioning the same problem but nobody suggesting an answer.

Perhaps this is some sort of bug?

On a personal note, can anyone tell me another way to create a shortcut?
thanks!

hhh
April 11th, 2011, 04:16 PM
Check the window size... either resize the window or check the scrollbar(s) to move down to the Add button (also Remove and Reset to Defaults).

Enigmapond
April 11th, 2011, 04:19 PM
Possibly try Preferences/Keyboard Shortcuts. Here you can create anything you want.

DJCatnip
June 3rd, 2011, 02:42 PM
Apparently the solution (though totally unintuitive) is to put in the command you want, hit OK, and then on the next popup, hit the key combination you want.

It took me ages to realise that. Hope it helps!

nixomose
December 30th, 2011, 07:44 PM
oh my god. I spent days trying to figure this out. Good find there. Thanks. That's insane. They try so hard to copy the mac, they succeeded perfectly ;-)