PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] Help =) Noob

sinfonian22291
April 10th, 2011, 08:44 PM
Hey guys, im new to Kubuntu and so far I'm using the live cd and it looks sweet! Im a total noob so I have a few questions. Is it better to install it (i have kubuntu) into my internal hdd as a dual boot or to my external hdd? Is there a difference on performance? Is dual booting safe? If I want to install Kubuntu in my hdd how do I do that? If I want to uninstall Kubuntu later on and I dont have a windows xp cd, is there still a way to unistall? Does Kubuntu 10.04 LTS have support for programs like DIVX, grease monkey, and adobe flash? I'm sure there are answers about this deep in the forums, but I am also a noob to these forums. Hah.

-Thanks!

sinfonian22291
April 10th, 2011, 11:54 PM
Can anyone at least answer one of my questions?

matt-fender
April 11th, 2011, 12:06 AM
Hey guys, im new to Kubuntu and so far I'm using the live cd and it looks sweet! Im a total noob so I have a few questions. Is it better to install it (i have kubuntu) into my internal hdd as a dual boot or to my external hdd? Is there a difference on performance? Is dual booting safe? If I want to install Kubuntu in my hdd how do I do that? If I want to uninstall Kubuntu later on and I dont have a windows xp cd, is there still a way to unistall? Does Kubuntu 10.04 LTS have support for programs like DIVX, grease monkey, and adobe flash? I'm sure there are answers about this deep in the forums, but I am also a noob to these forums. Hah.

-Thanks!

i would dual boot on your internal hard drive, alongside xp, or even perform a wubi install if you are new to Linux.

Dual booting is safe providing you know a small amount about partitioning hard drives

You can install Kubuntu from the liveCD if i'm not mistaken, and the installer allows you to dual boot.

After removal of a linux dual boot, you usually required to write the MBR back on the hard drive as Ubuntu based distros use grub.

I run DIVX, MP3, flash, grease monkey, firefox etc etc if you're unsure google is your friend.

Old_Grey_Wolf
April 11th, 2011, 12:37 AM
Deleted.

I was just in a bad mood when I read the bump.

kn0w-b1nary
April 11th, 2011, 01:38 AM
If you have 64 bit Ubuntu, then try installing flash through Ubuntu Tweak. (http://ubuntu-tweak.com/)

Also, don't bump after 3 hours, wait at least 24 hours.