PDA

View Full Version : Question about Aspire One install

bruce lee
April 10th, 2011, 03:55 PM
I have used Ubuntu several times, and i love it, and now i recently bought an Aspire Netbook with that all wonderful Windows 7 'starter'....garbage. I downloaded the 10.10 Netbook, and did the demo of the flash drive to basically check it out. Everything seemed to work, except the Wifi, which i have discovered to be typical, i knew eventually Linux would detect it as needing to download the driver, or activate it. WHich it did and i plugged up my lan cable and it connected, but kept 'wiggin' about halfway through its package download. Its an AOD260.

I know the flash drive tour doesnt have all the resources that a full install has, do you think if i install the os to my drive it would have better luck downloading my wifi? Thanks

Dutch70
April 10th, 2011, 05:11 PM
If the problem is the size or persistence of your flash drive, then it's a good possibility.

Do you plan to dual boot at first, or install to entire disk? It may be a good idea to dual boot for a while, just to be safe.

bruce lee
April 10th, 2011, 10:27 PM
I was going to go exclusively to Ubuntu, but i may have to dual boot. The flash drive i used was just a one gig.

bruce lee
April 10th, 2011, 10:32 PM
It detected my wifi as broadcom, if i knew it would setup on a full install, i would say goodbye to windows 7 completely.

bruce lee
April 10th, 2011, 11:52 PM
I did the dualboot and the wifi did setup, problem solved. thanks

Dutch70
April 11th, 2011, 12:58 AM
Great, glad to hear it.

I don't know anything about broadcom so I didn't want to clog your thread. :)

Please mark the thread "Solved" with "Thread Tools" at the top of the page, so others with similar problems can find it easier.