PDA

View Full Version : [gnome] Editing the destination for a WINE launcher in the Applications menu?

Dáire Fagan
April 9th, 2011, 09:45 PM
I would like to edit the destination a launcher which opens a program using WINE. It is Applications >> Wine >> Programs >> World of Warcraft >> World of Warcraft.

When I use Edit Menus to check the launcher properties I learn it is set as Type: Application, and Command: wine "/home/laeg/.wine/dosdevices/c:/Program Files/World of Warcraft" -opengl.

How would I instead have it point directly at opening, with WINE, /home/dusf/.wine/dosdevices/c:/Program Files/World of Warcraft/Wow.exe?

The -opengl argument shouldn't matter as I have it preconfigured to run with opengl in the config.

If relevant, when I navigate to c:/Program Files/World of Warcraft/, and open Wow.exe manually, it opens using WINE automatically.

Dáire Fagan
April 11th, 2011, 02:20 PM
Setting the Command to "/home/dusf/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/World of Warcraft/Wow.exe" opens it just the same way as it did before. It seems to open first /home/dusf/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/World of Warcraft/Launcher.exe which in turn then runs the main game when you click a button to play. I want it to go directly into the game bypassing the launcher.

If I navigate with nautilus to the directory and manually open Wow.exe like any other program it skips the launcher, as it does when I right click it and click Open With Wine Windows Program Loader.

Is there anyway I can make the launcher in my Applications menu open it the same way?