PDA

View Full Version : Why can't my GUI return back to recording mode despite having service? Someone HELP..

imso
April 9th, 2011, 12:12 PM
I'm creating an android application which act like a car blackbox, but i run into problem as soon i start doing it, maybe partly because i'm new to android/java but i've given 6more weeks to develop this app... :'(

But get back to my problem i had my service run the video recording processes in the background so i should be able to leave the app for a while and come back to the Video recording GUI with the surfaceview but my application was force to close when i return to the app. So is the problem related to onResume() method or something else? If its yes what i should do in order to get my application GUI to return to the video recording surfaceview and still running the background recording using the service rather than giving me an error?

Can someone please help me, i've really exhausted all ideas and to make it worse i'm new to java/android thus making me very headache, i really need some experience programmer to help me solve the problem... :(