PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Help on Mail Evolution

sandy0594
April 9th, 2011, 10:17 AM
I am very new to linux..I installed ubuntu 10.10..Started using mail evolution,but i don't find sign out button in mail evolution.Is there anyway to do that.Just closing it makes me feel annoyed

IHeequ5i
April 9th, 2011, 11:59 AM
Welcome to 10.10, which is what I use also.

As far as I know, there isn't a sign-out button in Evolution. Are you used to using mail with a web interface?

sandy0594
April 9th, 2011, 12:29 PM
Not much really,i use mail from firefox in windows..but,i heard that linux systems are more secure.so,thought of giving it a try.How about thunderbird? is it better than evolution?

Nickjpost
April 9th, 2011, 12:40 PM
I personally prefer Thunderbird, but I do not believe there is a "signout" button either....Is there some reason why you want to sign in/out all the time?

73ckn797
April 9th, 2011, 12:45 PM
Are you used to using mail with a web interface?

This sounds like the case.
Evolution and T-Bird only have the typical options to close.

sandy0594
April 9th, 2011, 01:10 PM
So,i have no options left rather than to close or don't use mail with web interface..But,i have used outlook..It will prompt for password to be entered atleast.Does evolution has something like that to prompt for password whenever i open it?

The_Eggert
April 9th, 2011, 01:15 PM
So,i have no options left rather than to close or don't use mail with web interface..But,i have used outlook..It will prompt for password to be entered atleast.Does evolution has something like that to prompt for password whenever i open it?

In the preferences you can set it, so that it does not remember your password.
I believe that it is as far as you can go as for "logging in/out" :)

sandy0594
April 9th, 2011, 01:31 PM
Could you be more specific abt that preferences,i am just 3 days to this linux..

73ckn797
April 9th, 2011, 03:43 PM
Could you be more specific abt that preferences,i am just 3 days to this linux..
When you set up your email there should be a check box to have it remember your password. Either check it or don't. If not it will ask for your password every time you open it up. You can also set Evolution to check for email on start-up. It would then ask for password(s) or not, if you have it set to remember. I know of no security issues unless the computer is accessed by other people.

sandy0594
April 9th, 2011, 04:06 PM
Yup,went through here and there and sorted out..Thanks for the replies guys