PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Purple screen at install

mattxo
April 8th, 2011, 07:34 PM
Ok, ive downloaded the ISO on my Windows 7 drive and burned it to disk . the disk is fine.

I've booted from the CD at bios and the screen goes purple with a little guy and a keyboard at the bottom of the screen. here is press enter and it opens up a menu now i select Install Ubuntu and it seems to start an install.

I get a 5 flashing dots white/red with Ubuntu written above it but after this has happened the screen goes plain purple with no keyboard or man at the bottom and nothing happens it has been frozen on this for 20-30 minutes.

My PC specs:

AMD Athlon II X4 640 Processor @ 3.00 GHz
2x 2GB RAM
ATI Radeon HD 5670

It might also be worth mentioning that i have Windows 7 Installed on drive D with drive C blank. I am trying to install Ubuntu on drive C.

any help please ):P

this is my first time installing any linux and would like to find out what its really like. ;)

Quackers
April 8th, 2011, 07:44 PM
Welcome to UF.
At the first purple screen press any key.
Then choose your language and on the next screen press F6.
Some options will appear bottom right. Choose the "nomodeset" option and see if the live desktop loads, before trying to install.

mattxo
April 8th, 2011, 11:29 PM
ok ive tried this and the same thing happens

ive also noticed that when this purple screen appears my 2nd monitor is blue (i think no signal) it is a 32 inch hdtv.

also. i heard a sound play it was like a drum cant really explain it i wasnt expecting to hear it