PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] Acroread black screen in firefox

wwbdd
April 7th, 2011, 07:12 PM
Most every time in firefox that I open a pdf, the window comes up completely black. I seem to have been able to resolve the issue temporarily by reinstalling acroread, but then I get a black screen for the next pdf I open. So I wind up reinstalling acroread several times a day to open pdfs. There has got to be some better solution. Anyone know what to do about this?

wilee-nilee
April 7th, 2011, 08:16 PM
Most every time in firefox that I open a pdf, the window comes up completely black. I seem to have been able to resolve the issue temporarily by reinstalling acroread, but then I get a black screen for the next pdf I open. So I wind up reinstalling acroread several times a day to open pdfs. There has got to be some better solution. Anyone know what to do about this?

I have at times a problem similar generally hitting the reload at the right end of the URL window reloads it to show, I have had to run this reload up to 5 times, using the esc to stop or clicking the url bar and then enter. I have at times had to turn off some of the add-ons like noscript that I have tweaked to block some script needed.

These are pdf's though from research publications through my college library's data base and google scholar, turning off noscript in this circumstance is a fairly safe move. I am running Linux so I have certain amount of built in safety not running in root.

Hard to say if any of this helps, I have started having this problem lately, I'm not sure it isn't a FF4 thing.

martine.ginette
June 2nd, 2011, 06:47 AM
does

sudo apt-get install mozplugger

help?

gromoloser
August 1st, 2011, 12:10 PM
mozplugger solved the problem. Thanks.

lucacerone
August 18th, 2011, 11:19 PM
mozplugger solved the problem. Thanks.

Hi, I could solve the issue by disabling Adobe plugin
it the preference tab of firefox.
Without doing it it seems that mozplugger and adobe somehow
constrast one each other.

sea-geek
April 11th, 2012, 07:22 PM
Using FF 10.0.2 in Ubuntu 10.04 and was getting this same problem
for the last few months.
This solved my problem and I didn't even have to restart FF:

sudo apt-get install mozplugger

Thanks!

ProgRobUK
September 22nd, 2012, 09:21 AM
Ubuntu 11.10. Had to install Acroread to fix other pdf problems and started getting black screen issues.

This fixed it for me too!

Thanks

habana
October 1st, 2012, 12:47 PM
Fixed for me too. Many thanks.