PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] pm-suspend does not suspend, pm-hibernate works out of box

jerome bettis
April 7th, 2011, 04:29 AM
All,

After 5 long years using gentoo only, i'm back in ubuntu land. I am FED UP with all of the broken packages in gentoo. They have some great things going but it's just not usable, it's a really bi-polar experience. I spent more time messing around with the OS then just using it to get things done.

Anyway, ubuntu server 10.10 installed with minimal complication. Some pulseaudio/alsa conflict issues early on that were mostly my fault, otherwise working great. Except

pm-suspend

just blanks the screen, fans stay spinnning, power supply never kicks down. Have to switch the power supply off. :(

pm-hibernate

works 100%. everything, sound, net, libvirt, comes back just perfectly. :guitar:

Any ideas about pm suspend?

nvidia drivers, gtx 570, intel i7950, asus p6x58d-e. I do not have ubuntu-desktop and gnome installed (just fluxbox), so commands instead of 'click control panel' would be good :)

It's good to be back, ubuntu is polished - _almost shiny. I hope that lord hunter dbag is gone from these forums, I really didn't care for that guy. :P

jerome bettis
April 9th, 2011, 08:27 AM
bump. i didnt change anything. I tried suspend again, and surprise it actually went to suspend OK. So the failure there may be due to something I have running.

However, it still failed to resume - just black screens. :confused: pm-hibernate works very well no matter what.