PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] How to remove icon on taskbar

danost
April 6th, 2011, 07:29 AM
I am using Ubuntu 10.10 there is an icon left of the clock, its for Assistive Technologies - Universal Access Preferences. I have uninstalled the program, but the icon remains left of the clock. Can anyone please tell me how to remove that icon.

Many thanks
Dan

Frogs Hair
April 6th, 2011, 02:29 PM
You should be able to right click and select remove from panel . If it remains reboot.

KegHead
April 6th, 2011, 03:16 PM
That should work!

danost
April 6th, 2011, 03:36 PM
I have tried the right click, nothing happens when I right click.
Thanks, any other thoughts please?

Copper Bezel
April 6th, 2011, 03:45 PM
Post a screencap, I think. There are two items there it could be a part of - the notification area and the indicator applet. There's some setting somewhere that's causing it to appear in one of the two. It doesn't sound like it's its own applet.

Krytarik
April 6th, 2011, 05:50 PM
- go to "System -> Preferences -> Keyboard -> Accessibility"
- untick the most upper option, "Accessibility features can be toggled with keyboard shortcuts"

Greetings.

danost
April 7th, 2011, 05:00 AM
- go to "System -> Preferences -> Keyboard -> Accessibility"
- untick the most upper option, "Accessibility features can be toggled with keyboard shortcuts"

Greetings.

This helped me to fix the problem, many thanks to all who contributed to this effort. Still, I wonder how it is that even after removal of the application, the icon remained - until I did as described above.

Krytarik
April 7th, 2011, 05:17 AM
Still, I wonder how it is that even after removal of the application, the icon remained - until I did as described above.
What package did you remove then, specifically?