PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Unable to locate package

kerbyjonsonjr
April 6th, 2011, 12:03 AM
I am trying to install aircrack but when I try to a get an error message that says unable to locate package. The exact messages are:
ubuntu@ubuntu:~$ airmon-ng
The program 'airmon-ng' is currently not installed. You can install it by typing:
sudo apt-get install aircrack-ng
You will have to enable the component called 'universe'
ubuntu@ubuntu:~$ sudo apt-get install aircrack-ng
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Unable to locate package aircrack-ng

I am pretty new to ubuntu so I am not really sure what I am doing. I don't know if I have to enable "universe" or what I should do. I am not sure if it matters but I am also running Ubuntu from my flash drive so maybe that is the problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

zvacet
April 6th, 2011, 12:24 AM
Applications>ubuntu software center>edit>software repositories> check all under ubuntu software ( you can skip source and CD rom) and check first two under updates tab.Reload and try to install again.

kerbyjonsonjr
April 6th, 2011, 05:00 AM
Applications>ubuntu software center>edit>software repositories> check all under ubuntu software ( you can skip source and CD rom) and check first two under updates tab.Reload and try to install again.

THANKS! That did the trick. Thanks a lot!!

TinkerAlf
April 15th, 2012, 02:06 PM
I am also new to Ubuntu, unfortunately too new, I don't understand what is ment by the reply to the problem... Could you clearify it? Thanks... TinkerAlf

Elfy
April 15th, 2012, 02:14 PM
Hi rather than bump and old thread try creating a new one.

Link to start a new thread -
http://ubuntuforums.org/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=326

Read the help people help you link in my sig.

Closed.