PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu 10.10 wireless missing/help with getting it

Tom5001
April 5th, 2011, 09:40 PM
Well I've used many versions of Ubuntu and recently went to 10.10 to find the wireless driver was missing straight after installation - seen as though wireless is my only method of connecting to the Internet I have no known way (to myself) of downloading a wireless driver as I don't have Internet access.

How am I suppost to get around this situation? Any help would be really appreciated and I apologize if this is in anyway the wrong section or lacks detail, please post to inform me of this.

Thanks.

Tom5001
April 9th, 2011, 09:30 PM
Well I've used many versions of Ubuntu and recently went to 10.10 to find the wireless driver was missing straight after installation - seen as though wireless is my only method of connecting to the Internet I have no known way (to myself) of downloading a wireless driver as I don't have Internet access.

How am I suppost to get around this situation? Any help would be really appreciated and I apologize if this is in anyway the wrong section or lacks detail, please post to inform me of this.

Thanks.

Zero97
April 9th, 2011, 10:46 PM
I'm having somewhat of the same problem. The only difference is that I'm a newbie to all of this. I need to get online soon, or I won't be able to work. Any help is appreciated.

My Thread:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1725426