PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] compiz repos

tybo42
April 5th, 2011, 07:05 PM
Hello,

Compiz stopped working entirely recently and I've been trying to reinstall different version, nothing helped. Now when I look at synaptics, the version of the different package (compiz, ccsm, bcop...) are of different version (from 8.2 to 8.6). It tried reinstalling only from synaptics and it didn't change anything. I'm not sure that'll fix my problem, but for sure it doesn't help. Does anybody know what repos i should use to get a clear installation?

Thanks.

tybo42
April 5th, 2011, 10:05 PM
Ok, that's fine, I understand that there are different versions of the different compiz package.
Now, my problem is that compiz CRASHES hard... it's not that it's not working it's that it bugs really hard when I run compiz --replace. It was working before, but until recently it stopped working. I think it stopped when I played around with my sources.list to get the unsupported package.

Also, since then, in system>about ubuntu, it is said that I am now ubuntu 11.04, even though I haven't upgraded, and have still the option to upgrade it in the update manager...

please help me, this is very frustrated.