PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] workspace doesn't work !!!

SAJA4
April 5th, 2011, 06:41 PM
Hi everyone, How are you?

I have problem with ubuntu 10.10 ... I was try CompizConfig for first time and I don't know what I did
there was a message I press ok After that workspace doesn't work I don't know why!!

Anyone know the solution?

Thanks

Do_Japan
April 5th, 2011, 06:53 PM
Go back to compiz and look around for something that might be disabled. It's impossible to say what happened as you didn't provide any details. What exactly isn't working on your desktop?

3Miro
April 5th, 2011, 07:32 PM
Hi everyone, How are you?

I have problem with ubuntu 10.10 ... I was try CompizConfig for first time and I don't know what I did
there was a message I press ok After that workspace doesn't work I don't know why!!

Anyone know the solution?

Thanks

Define "workspace doesn't work". What do you call the workspace and what is it that doesn't work.

Workspace usually refers to the different "screens" that you can have. You can look at General settings for compiz to adjust the number of screens.

SAJA4
April 5th, 2011, 07:51 PM
I mean that before I can used 4 desktop but now I can't do that.
I look at General settings for compiz and I found number of desktop 1 .. and I can't change it :(

3Miro
April 5th, 2011, 08:05 PM
I mean that before I can used 4 desktop but now I can't do that.
I look at General settings for compiz and I found number of desktop 1 .. and I can't change it :(

Check with System -> Prefs -> Appearance to make sure you have desktop effects set at least to normal (None diables Compiz and it will not work).

Next, enable either the cube or the wall plugin, so that Compiz will know how to arrange the desktops.

SAJA4
April 5th, 2011, 08:16 PM
Thanks a lot .. now it's working after I did what you say thanks again :) :D

3Miro
April 5th, 2011, 08:56 PM
Thanks a lot .. now it's working after I did what you say thanks again :) :D

If everything is working now, please mark the thread as "solved".