PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] libimobiledevice1 dependency and installing deb files from usb

palmettoj
April 5th, 2011, 03:42 PM
I don't have an internet connection to use synaptic to get updates to libimobiledevice1 or its dependencies. So my question is this: can I download the deb files and save them to a usb, take them home and (successfully) install them this way? How can I know what dependencies I need to include?

zvacet
April 6th, 2011, 12:33 AM
You can use Keryx. (http://keryxproject.org/)

palmettoj
April 9th, 2011, 04:05 AM
how the smurf does keryx work? I've downloaded the deb file to usb, unpacked it and realized it was already on my offline desktop. I dragged keryx onto my usb and went to the library (and an online windows box) and I'm not able to open anything that appears to be a profile, nevermind download updates or programs. I also put a profile <palmettoj/desktop> onto my usb with the keryx app that was already on my desktop. I keep reading different tutorials (perhaps based on the two versions of keryx) and can't seem to get a plan of what I'm supposed to try to do. Am I installing keryx on my usb only? What do I need to install on the online machine? given that its windows? Why don't I see the keryx app on my usb at all? Just a nudge in the right direction... I'm spinning my wheels here.