PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Pls help me - keylogger attacked me

Ayzenlawl
April 5th, 2011, 10:09 AM
hey :) i got a probelm this is my 2nd post . 3 days ago i was attacked by a keylogger ;( and i tryed to fix it but i didn't :( instaled other win 7 vistas or etc but still didn't work . now i instaled ubuntu 10.10 and i scaned with klamAV and i discovered some files that can't be accesed , i never heard of them maybe is the keylogger ? can u help me get rid of him ? pl0x i really need help

Soul-Sing
April 5th, 2011, 10:16 AM
with klamAV and i discovered some files that can't be accesed

hi,
which files?

Ayzenlawl
April 5th, 2011, 10:23 AM
188133 this and id if u don't see the pic its says : Can't Scan /proc/1/fd-Access Denied

ajgreeny
April 5th, 2011, 11:41 AM
I think that is because anything in /proc is a virtual file, and there is really nothing there to scan. You have also chosen the floppy disk from proc, and if there is no disk in the drive there will certainly be nothing to scan.

Rest assured this is nothing to do with the key-logger you may have had in Windows, and there is probably no need to have Klamav on your system if you don't have Windows on the machine any more.

Ayzenlawl
April 5th, 2011, 12:58 PM
Most of them are /lost+found , /root /tmp/.esd-133 /tmp/orbit-gdm then /proc/sys/fs/binfmt_misc/cli and i guess /proc/sys/fs/binfmt_misc/register are some registry and on windows registry are the place where the keylogger hide :(( thx for the info anyway and i got a laptop not a pc :D

psusi
April 5th, 2011, 03:28 PM
/proc contains information about what processes are running, and other misc information and control knobs for the running system. You should not be scanning it.

Ayzenlawl
April 5th, 2011, 05:28 PM
eh i scanned home Folder and System Folder thats all . Ok so i won't be that fool :D thx