PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Alt+Tab application switcher behavior

.bashrc
April 4th, 2011, 06:15 PM
Hello,

I had a quick question -- in OS X (and I believe in Windows), when you have the application switcher active with alt+tab (or splat+tab in OS X), you can go backward through the list with alt+` (splat+` in OS X). I noticed that this didn't just translate over to Gnome in Ubuntu. Any way to get this behavior back?

Copper Bezel
April 4th, 2011, 07:20 PM
Oh, people do that? I thought I was the only one. Yes, open ccsm and find the switcher you're using, then assign the keystroke to Previous Window. If you're not using Compiz (desktop effects), make the same switch in Preferences -> Keyboard Shortcuts.

Default is Alt+Shift+Tab, which follows the convention of Shift+Tab but is terribly poor ergonomically.

.bashrc
April 11th, 2011, 10:24 PM
Oh, people do that? I thought I was the only one. Yes, open ccsm and find the switcher you're using, then assign the keystroke to Previous Window. If you're not using Compiz (desktop effects), make the same switch in Preferences -> Keyboard Shortcuts.

Default is Alt+Shift+Tab, which follows the convention of Shift+Tab but is terribly poor ergonomically.

Brilliant, thanks!