PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] ZTEmt package installation failure

harsh.C
April 4th, 2011, 12:06 PM
hello,

I am new to ubuntu and just installed ubuntu 10.04, i possess the BSNL EVDO AC8700 , i downloaded the package for the same from the zte website but when i try to install it its giving the following error

"
(Reading database ... 123335 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace crossplatformui 1.0.27 (using .../CrossPlatformUI-V1.0.27-B
SNL=i386-ubuntu.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement crossplatformui ...
Setting up crossplatformui (1.0.27) ...
Rather than invoking init scripts through /e, use the service(8)
utility, e.g. service acpid restart

Since the script you are attempting to invoke has been converted to an
Upstart job, you may also use the restart(8) utility, e.g. restart acpid
acpid start/running, process 1859
cd: 160: can't cd to /usr/local/bin/ztemtApp/zteusbserial/2.6.32
dpkg: error processing crossplatformui (--install):
subprocess subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 2
Processing triggers for desktop-file-utils ...
Processing triggers for python-gmenu ...
Rebuilding /usr/share/applications/desktop.en_IN.cache...
Processing triggers for python-support ...
Errors were encountered while processing:
crossplatformui"

please help
:(

Arbayong
May 16th, 2011, 01:50 PM
I have the same problem. I was able to install the ztemt software for AC2726 modem on my Toshiba Satellite L455D without problems. Note that will intalling it i was connected to the internet so the system was automatically updated.
Yesterday, i install Natty Narwhal on HP compaq cq62 (couldn't connect to internet so couldn't update it) and tried to install ztemt software but got same message as in the previous post. Am hping someone can help me out. is the difference the update?

Arbayong
July 18th, 2011, 08:26 PM
I have the same problem. I was able to install the ztemt software for AC2726 modem on my Toshiba Satellite L455D without problems. Note that will intalling it i was connected to the internet so the system was automatically updated.
Yesterday, i install Natty Narwhal on HP compaq cq62 (couldn't connect to internet so couldn't update it) and tried to install ztemt software but got same message as in the previous post. Am hping someone can help me out. is the difference the update?

aM ALSO USING L455D BUT CAN'T INSTALL ztemt for Ac2726 ztemodem. i download the software from ztemt website. I installed it about 3 months ago on Natty but had a partial upgrade error which broke down my system. after reinstalling ubuntu without formatting the partion, i can't install ztemt software on my pc. I've already installed all the latest updates using this zte modem and the network manager in ubuntu but i need to be able to check my balance and top up credit.

any help for those on expresso/Kasapa (ghana)?