PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Upgraded from 10.10 to 11.04 had problems with compiz

mscout2004
April 4th, 2011, 06:27 AM
Upgraded from 10.10 to 11.04 had problems with compiz and now I have to toolbars to work with so I cant open anything to get the compiz settings back to the defaults so I get my bars back. How do I get the settings back to default to get the menus back so I can open my programs??

garvinrick4
April 4th, 2011, 06:57 AM
Upgraded from 10.10 to 11.04 had problems with compiz and now I have to toolbars to work with so I cant open anything to get the compiz settings back to the defaults so I get my bars back. How do I get the settings back to default to get the menus back so I can open my programs??
Compiz settings:

ccsm

mscout2004
April 4th, 2011, 02:18 PM
thx that seemed to work. Are they having problems with the new desktop format and the desktop cube feature in compiz? As soon as I set that setting it blew up on me like that where I had no menus and the desktop cube didnt even work.

garvinrick4
April 4th, 2011, 08:49 PM
thx that seemed to work. Are they having problems with the new desktop format and the desktop cube feature in compiz? As soon as I set that setting it blew up on me like that where I had no menus and the desktop cube didnt even work. Yes that feature is not viable.

stanca
April 4th, 2011, 08:56 PM
sudo apt-get remove --purge compiz
worked for me.

afrodeity
May 3rd, 2011, 11:49 AM
sudo apt-get remove --purge compiz
worked for me.

That's not a solution. That's a cop-out.

BTW my version of compiz is Compiz 0.9.4.0, but the Compiz site says the latest release is Compiz is 0.8.6.