PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Kubuntu 10.10 and Kubuntu 11.04...

galacticaboy
April 3rd, 2011, 04:15 PM
I know the Beta was released of all Natty distros were released and have yet to try it out. Before I do, what are the major updates/upgrades from Kubuntu 10.10 to 11.04? Anything different or improve?

AndyBoy_LV
April 3rd, 2011, 04:19 PM
You should check this page

https://wiki.kubuntu.org/NattyNarwhal/Beta1/Kubuntu

SeijiSensei
April 3rd, 2011, 04:55 PM
Are you running Kubuntu 10.10? (Your profile says Ubuntu.) If you are, I recommend just adding the "backports" repository to Kpackagekit and upgrading.

In Kpackagekit, use Settings > Edit Origins > Other Software > Add, then enter "ppa:kubuntu-ppa/backports" in the dialog box that follows and hit Apply. You should then be prompted to update. Now if you choose Software Updates, you'll see the KDE 4.6.1 packages are available.

If you're not in a hurry to do this, you might wait until later this week when 4.6.2 will appear in backports.

galacticaboy
April 3rd, 2011, 05:14 PM
Are you running Kubuntu 10.10? (Your profile says Ubuntu.) If you are, I recommend just adding the "backports" repository to Kpackagekit and upgrading.

In Kpackagekit, use Settings > Edit Origins > Other Software > Add, then enter "ppa:kubuntu-ppa/backports" in the dialog box that follows and hit Apply. You should then be prompted to update. Now if you choose Software Updates, you'll see the KDE 4.6.1 packages are available.

If you're not in a hurry to do this, you might wait until later this week when 4.6.2 will appear in backports.

I am running Ubuntu but I am thinking switching to Kubuntu.