PDA

View Full Version : Mouse Cursor Not Applying on Theme Change Ubuntu 10.04 64 bit

A_Brick
April 3rd, 2011, 07:39 AM
I hope this is the right location for this thread.
I have an issue when I go to change the theme through the built in gnome theme changer. Everything else applies alright, except for the cursor! Now this is really becoming a nuisance. But the weird thing is, is that the cursor that is supposed to be applied only shows up Firefox and programs like it, but once anything is clicked outside of that, it reverts to the previous cursor! I also use Emerald if that means anything.
TIA.

Copper Bezel
April 3rd, 2011, 10:00 AM
It does, actually. If you go into ccsm and select General Options, does the cursor theme field match the one you've specified in your theme?

Bobhuber
April 5th, 2011, 02:23 AM
I hope this is the right location for this thread.
I have an issue when I go to change the theme through the built in gnome theme changer. Everything else applies alright, except for the cursor! Now this is really becoming a nuisance. But the weird thing is, is that the cursor that is supposed to be applied only shows up Firefox and programs like it, but once anything is clicked outside of that, it reverts to the previous cursor! I also use Emerald if that means anything.
TIA.
This is a bug thats been around since 9.04 or earlier . They don't seem to want to fix it.
Emerald has nothing to do with it.

MysticHLE
April 15th, 2011, 06:49 PM
This is a bug thats been around since 9.04 or earlier . They don't seem to want to fix it.
Emerald has nothing to do with it.

It's little things like this that would repel a Windows/Mac user from switching to Ubuntu.