PDA

View Full Version : Dual Major be worth it in this situation?

waloshin
April 2nd, 2011, 07:46 PM
I will going away for a B.A in Environmental Studies and Geography and was wondering would it benefit me to have a dual major?

I would not mind working with GIS.

Or any type of Environmental Job that I would be qualified for.

uRock
April 2nd, 2011, 08:40 PM
I've noticed you have had other threads pertaining to your degrees. Have you done any job searching in these fields to see what they are looking for? If you are in the US, then looking at usajobs.gov will give you many hits in that profession and you can see what they are looking for.

Having a minor in geographical studies will compliment the environmental studies very well.

waloshin
April 2nd, 2011, 09:03 PM
I've noticed you have had other threads pertaining to your degrees. Have you done any job searching in these fields to see what they are looking for? If you are in the US, then looking at usajobs.gov will give you many hits in that profession and you can see what they are looking for.

Having a minor in geographical studies will compliment the environmental studies very well.

So would having a major in both geography and environmental studies be better then just a minor in geography?

I would like to do Environmental Risk Assessment, maybe work for Environment Canada.

uRock
April 2nd, 2011, 09:09 PM
So would having a major in both geography and environmental studies be better then just a minor in geography?

I would like to do Environmental Risk Assessment, maybe work for Environment Canada.
The best way to find which is better would be to talk to someone already working in that profession, such as your professors.