PDA

View Full Version : IT is screwing me over. :(

phillychease
April 2nd, 2011, 06:20 PM
So I got to school and they school provided us with their own computer with Win7. They tweaked it and whatnot.
My problem is (I don't know what I did) but they disabled my account on my computer. I can log into other accounts but not mine. I tried disabling it but I needed admin privileges. Anybody have suggestions?

PS. Live CDs won't work. Tried so many times with so many distros. :(

wolfen69
April 2nd, 2011, 06:25 PM
Ask someone who's in charge.

phillychease
April 2nd, 2011, 06:40 PM
Ask someone who's in charge.

They're all gone for the weekend and I have to write a paper and study.

Joe of loath
April 2nd, 2011, 06:44 PM
Use the PC you're posting from?

phillychease
April 2nd, 2011, 06:48 PM
Use the PC you're posting from?

I'm using the guest account on mine, but all my research are bookmarked and my outlines are saved and I cannot access them.

Joe of loath
April 2nd, 2011, 06:52 PM
Got another box you can plug the hard drive into to so as you can pull the data off?

pi3.1415926535...
April 2nd, 2011, 06:52 PM
For what reasons are the LiveCDs not working? Is the BIOS locked?

phillychease
April 2nd, 2011, 10:18 PM
For what reasons are the LiveCDs not working? Is the BIOS locked?
I don't think the BIOS is blocked because the LiveCDs run, but the thing is after it runs, the screen becomes black for gets stuck there.

Got another box you can plug the hard drive into to so as you can pull the data off?
Well they disabled my account, so I cannot get anything off my hard drive. I'm using a guest account on my computer so I have no administrative rights.

mips
April 2nd, 2011, 10:22 PM
I don't think the BIOS is blocked because the LiveCDs run, but the thing is after it runs, the screen becomes black for gets stuck there.

Try using safe graphics mode and other distros like knoppix or even one of the smaller ones.

youbuntu
April 2nd, 2011, 10:30 PM
You could try "Damn Small Linux" known as "DSL", or you could try "Slax" which is pretty fast.

inobe
April 2nd, 2011, 10:33 PM
I'm using the guest account on mine, but all my research are bookmarked and my outlines are saved and I cannot access them.

then you have an excuse, much better than the dog ate it?

Joe of loath
April 2nd, 2011, 10:40 PM
Thing is -

How much trouble would you get in if you cracked it? I mean, erased the admin password, create a backdoor account etc. Because if you can boot backtrack (CLI mode will do), you can crack the password using chntpw. Works every time, I've used it on 2000, XP, Vista and 7. Even on my dad's super locked down work laptop.

Or, stick the HDD in a SATA to USB enclosure and pull your data off it. I do all my important work in my dropbox sync folder, just in case I have a hard drive crash or my laptop is stolen (Who would steal a laptop I found in a dumpster I don't know, but it happens). That way, I just boot another PC and it syncs, and everything is there.

youbuntu
April 2nd, 2011, 10:48 PM
Question: Is it really worth risking getting into trouble for?

MasterNetra
April 2nd, 2011, 11:36 PM
Try using safe graphics mode and other distros like knoppix or even one of the smaller ones.

+1

Puppy Linux, DSL, Knoppix, Tinycore, Fedora, Mandriva etc etc, try various Distros to see if you can't get one to work on it. What's your computer's Brand/Model? Specs?

cariboo
April 2nd, 2011, 11:45 PM
This type of thread goes against our C of C. Closed.