PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] VirtualBox & Wine won't start at all- no error msgs

RoninISC
April 1st, 2011, 10:26 PM
Searched through forums & didn't see anything on this.
Trying to run windows only apps. I installed Wine first from software center.
Most progs I try to run only give me the 'working' icon for 20 seconds then nothing. I did modify properties to allow .exe to run.
I Dl'ed & installed the VirtualBox package w sw center and same deal- nothing. No error messages or anythng.

Running Ubuntu maverick. My Cpu is a compaq presario laptop CQ50, dual core intel T3200.
Not the best but should at least start the progs yes?

Can't really troubleshoot as I have no feedback at all.

Robut
April 13th, 2011, 12:30 AM
I am having the same problem.

I am trying to use WINE to run a windows program. At first it exited with errors about MSVCP60.dll so I found this file online and put it in my windows/system folder. Now when running the program from terminal it just exits immediately with no WINE errors and no errors in from the program itself..

Any ideas?

EDIT: I started getting an error on the command line when i try to run it: http://pastebin.com/fFVcxUNb

Darris
April 21st, 2011, 06:02 PM
I fixed it by opening a system monitor (rightclick on a panel, add to panel, system monitor- when its on the panel, just click it) and then I found the wine processes in the processes tab and ended them
the next time i opened wine it worked.
It was a windows-y fix lol