PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Trying to install Jahkasha... Shouldn't this be easy?!

Kangaji
April 1st, 2011, 04:38 AM
Hey folks,

So I just started using Ubuntu, and now I'm trying to install some video editing software called "Jahkasha". I keep trying and trying, but can't figure out how to open either the tar.gz or .run files. I really like Ubuntu, but if I can't install files I might as well just go back to Windows...

HELP!!!
T_T

Enigmapond
April 1st, 2011, 04:57 AM
Is there any special reason why you need this particular editor? There are better ones available right through the repositories PiTiVi, Cinelerra, Auteur and a number of others native to Linux and so much easier to install.

Kangaji
April 1st, 2011, 05:27 AM
Is there any special reason why you need this particular editor? There are better ones available right through the repositories PiTiVi, Cinelerra, Auteur and a number of others native to Linux and so much easier to install.

Nah, I just really thought it was pretty looking. I was looking into installing Cinelerra as an alternative, but I just can't seem to figure out how to install THAT ONE either.
:P

Enigmapond
April 1st, 2011, 05:32 AM
Very easy..Open the terminal and do:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:cinelerra-ppa/ppa
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install cinelerra

But I would also look at PiTiVi which is in the repos.

sudo apt-get install pitivi

Cheers!

Kangaji
April 1st, 2011, 05:59 AM
Very easy..Open the terminal and do:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:cinelerra-ppa/ppa
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install cinelerraBut I would also look at PiTiVi which is in the repos.

sudo apt-get install pitiviCheers!

Works perfectly now! Thanks dude!
^.^b

Enigmapond
April 1st, 2011, 06:04 AM
No problem! Good Luck..:) You should mark this thread as "Solved" in the Thread Tools on the upper right, for others' benefit.

Cheers!