PDA

View Full Version : OOo VS MOFFICE 2000

hoarythehedgehog2009
May 7th, 2006, 08:49 PM
Would you say that OOo is better than MOFFICE 2000? Also, does anyone know if there is a way in WINDOWS in order to get OOo save NOT open its files to the MOFFICE file extensions as default? I know that in the installation you can tell it to open those files as default, but IDK about saving it as DEFAULT...THANKS, HTH2009

Kernel Sanders
May 7th, 2006, 08:53 PM
Would you say that OOo is better than MOFFICE 2000? Also, does anyone know if there is a way in WINDOWS in order to get OOo save NOT open its files to the MOFFICE file extensions as default? I know that in the installation you can tell it to open those files as default, but IDK about saving it as DEFAULT...THANKS, HTH2009

**LINK** (http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=142925&page=1&pp=40)

Hope this helps!

John :)

public_void
May 7th, 2006, 10:02 PM
TBH I think OO is better, as it can rival MS OFFICE 2003.

hoarythehedgehog2009
May 8th, 2006, 12:09 AM
To the person who gave me the link:
I asked about Office 2000. Also, that still doesn't answer my second question.

Wolki
May 8th, 2006, 12:23 AM
Also, does anyone know if there is a way in WINDOWS in order to get OOo save NOT open its files to the MOFFICE file extensions as default? I know that in the installation you can tell it to open those files as default, but IDK about saving it as DEFAULT

Try Tools > Options > Load/Save > General, that's where it is in Ubuntu at least and I doubt it's different in the Windows version.

Sutekh
May 8th, 2006, 01:32 AM
That's where the option is in the Win32 version of OOo too. The layout is pretty similar.

mrgnash
May 8th, 2006, 05:36 AM
I don't really like either of them. Too bloated and controlling. Give me Abiword any day.

htinn
May 8th, 2006, 05:41 AM
This whole thread belongs on some other web site.

teet
May 8th, 2006, 05:41 AM
If given the choice to install either natively in Linux (assuming that you don't have to pay extra for Office 2000), I would still have to go with Office 2000.

Office still has a few features that I both need and want (e.g. grammar checking and linear regression stuff in excel).

-teet

aysiu
May 8th, 2006, 06:06 AM
Would you say that OOo is better than MOFFICE 2000? Would I rather pay US$300 for MS Office or US$0 for OpenOffice? No contest.
Also, does anyone know if there is a way in WINDOWS in order to get OOo save NOT open its files to the MOFFICE file extensions as default? I know that in the installation you can tell it to open those files as default, but IDK about saving it as DEFAULT You were very particular about saying "in WINDOWS. Does that mean that in Windows, you do not get this option (see screenshot)?

Buffalo Soldier
May 8th, 2006, 02:10 PM
An instruction can't get clearer than that :) nice job Aysiu.

aysiu
May 8th, 2006, 04:26 PM
An instruction can't get clearer than that :) nice job Aysiu. And I've just confirmed the option exists in the Windows version as well.

steve.horsley
May 8th, 2006, 09:30 PM
And I've just confirmed the option exists in the Windows version as well.
Don't forget to wash your hands.