PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Cant boot!!!

TTT_Dutch
March 30th, 2011, 07:57 AM
Hey guys,

I am about to cry. I can't boot and it says "Reboot and select proper boot device" after about 5 minutes of a blinking cursor. All I did was delete pidgin and then reinstall empathy and now I can't boot! I don't even get a grub menu!! Please help! I was on 11.04 and I a setting up my live cd right now...

EDIT: Solved, had to go into live cd and set boot flag on ubuntu partition.

Sean Moran
March 30th, 2011, 08:18 AM
Hey guys,

I am about to cry. I can't boot and it says "Reboot and select proper boot device" after about 5 minutes of a blinking cursor. All I did was delete pidgin and then reinstall empathy and now I can't boot! I don't even get a grub menu!! Please help! I was on 11.04 and I a setting up my live cd right now...

Are you able to get to a text login prompt byh pressing CTRL+ALT+F1 during the boot at all? No GRUB menu sounds rather ominous, but don't worry. Worse comes to worst, you can hopefully boot off the Live-CD, resize something and create a litte partition and run through the install on that, just to get GRUB working again. There are probably even better ways to repair GRUB, but I don't know much about that.