PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Update Error

Smaug95swe
March 29th, 2011, 02:53 PM
Okey today when i started my computer i got an error from the updater saying the Following

Ubuntu 10.10
__________________________________________________ _______
NOT ALL UPDATES CAN BE INTALLED
Run a part upgrade to install as many as possible.

This can be caused by:
*A earlier update that hasent been complete
*Problem with parts of the installed software
*In offical program packages that havent been "?Something?" By ubuntu
*Common changes in a early version of ubuntu

Sean Moran
March 29th, 2011, 03:26 PM
Okey today when i started my computer i got an error from the updater saying the Following

Ubuntu 10.10
__________________________________________________ _______
NOT ALL UPDATES CAN BE INTALLED
Run a part upgrade to install as many as possible.

This can be caused by:
*A earlier update that hasent been complete
*Problem with parts of the installed software
*In offical program packages that havent been "?Something?" By ubuntu
*Common changes in a early version of ubuntu

Just a suggestion. I hope it works, and sorts out the packages: Open terminal and enter:

sudo apt-get -f check

The 'F' (-f) is for fix, and the check is just to check your apt packages and dependencies. It might not fix things, but it only takes a minute. Not sure what else to suggest. Good luck.

Smaug95swe
March 29th, 2011, 05:14 PM
This is what it said... (swedish

Kunde inte erhålla låset /var/lib/dpkg/lock - open (11: Resursen tillfälligt otillgänglig)
Kunde inte låsa administrationskatalogen (/var/lib/dpkg/). Använder en annan process den?

Eng fail translation

Could not keep the lock /var/lib/dpkg/lock - open (11: the resource is for the moment unuseable
Couldnt lock the administrator catalog (Folder?) (/var/lib/dpkg/). Is another process using it?

Thats all it said nothing else... I tried as root too

mörgæs
March 29th, 2011, 05:28 PM
Try to close all windows and run

sudo apt-get clean
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade

does it work?

Enigmapond
March 29th, 2011, 05:34 PM
Just run the partial upgrade and then upgrade again. This happens sometimes when the update is interrupted...I would, however reboot prior and that should release the lock.

Smaug95swe
March 29th, 2011, 06:17 PM
ill try it soon kinda busy soz

Smaug95swe
March 29th, 2011, 09:02 PM
Try to close all windows and run

sudo apt-get clean
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgradedoes it work?

Nope that dindt work just said the samething but instead of adminfolder it said download folder

And my download is so slow its just going 2000B/S i dunno why cuz we have 10mbs and we usualy can download up to 2mb/s and it dont help to change dl location sometimes fast sometimes slow

plucky
March 31st, 2011, 11:53 AM
Nope that dindt work just said the samething but instead of adminfolder it said download folder

Can you copy and paste the complete error message to the Forum? The English version.

Try from a terminal
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

It will give a description of what it will try to do,just make sure it doesn't try to un-install your complete Desktop before you give it the go-ahead.

Good Luck

Smaug95swe
April 1st, 2011, 08:02 PM
This is what it said... (swedish

Kunde inte erhålla låset /var/lib/dpkg/lock - open (11: Resursen tillfälligt otillgänglig)
Kunde inte låsa administrationskatalogen (/var/lib/dpkg/). Använder en annan process den?

Eng fail translation

Could not keep the lock /var/lib/dpkg/lock - open (11: the resource is for the moment unuseable
Couldnt lock the administrator catalog (Folder?) (/var/lib/dpkg/). Is another process using it?

Thats all it said nothing else... I tried as root too

Look abit above and you find the engtranslation... i highlight it here for you:lolflag:

plucky
April 1st, 2011, 08:19 PM
Try removing the lock file with
cd /var/lib/dpkg/
sudo rm lock

If that works,run
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

Good Luck

megnetz
June 23rd, 2011, 09:00 AM
Hello! I have the same problem. Tried removing the lock but appears to stay and still the same error message.

megnetz
June 23rd, 2011, 09:07 AM
sudo apt-get clean gives the same error message.

mörgæs
June 23rd, 2011, 11:40 AM
Please describe in all detail what you have tried and post the error messages. It is not clear what 'the same' means.