PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] take a screenshot under XFCE

cccc
March 29th, 2011, 12:34 AM
hi

I have Xubuntu with a minimal XFCE 4.6 installed.
Howto take a screenshot under XFCE?

slooksterpsv
March 29th, 2011, 12:41 AM
Go to XFCE Menu -> Accessories -> Screenshot

Jose Catre-Vandis
March 30th, 2011, 12:11 AM
Or simply press the PrtSc (Print Screen) key - this should pop up a dialog to save a file of your screen shot

cccc
March 30th, 2011, 12:33 AM
Thx, but my problem is I have a minimal XFCE 4.6 installed.
I don't have XFCE Menu -> Accessories -> Screenshot and PrtSc (Print Screen) key doesn't work.
What's missing?

3Miro
March 30th, 2011, 01:45 AM
The screen-shot is actually a plugin for XFCE panel.

sudo apt-get install xfce4-screenshooter-plugin
(or use Synaptic)

Then you should get the menu entry (you may have to add it to the panel).

cccc
March 30th, 2011, 10:29 AM
Thx, I have installed xfce4-screenshooter-plugin and howto configure now, that PrtSc (Print Screen) key will work as well?

3Miro
March 30th, 2011, 11:24 AM
Check if the menu has "take screenshot option now". To get the PrtScn button working, you need to right-click on either the top or bottom panel, select "add" and then add the screenshooter applet.

cccc
March 30th, 2011, 11:44 AM
I have in the menu "take screenshot option now" , but I'd like to get this working just pressing PrtScn key from the keyboard.

BTW Knows someone, howto add this in .config/xfce4/xfconf/xfce-perchannel-xml/xfce4-keyboard-shortcuts.xml manually?

3Miro
March 30th, 2011, 01:32 PM
Right-click on your panel, select "add" and then add a screenshooter-plugin. This should work.

Also if the command is:

xfce4-screenshooter -f
and if the command works, then you can add that to the keyboard shortcuts. Go to Setting Manager -> Keyboard -> Application Shortcuts and add the command. You can bind the command to any key that you want.

cccc
March 30th, 2011, 02:42 PM
Go to Setting Manager -> Keyboard -> Application Shortcuts and add the command. You can bind the command to any key that you want.

Thx, I've add and it works well now.

3Miro
March 30th, 2011, 05:28 PM
If you have no more questions on this topic, please mark the thread as "solved".

KegHead
March 30th, 2011, 06:32 PM
Hi!

This is great!

I'm testing Xubuntu 11.04 on a dell mini 9.

Solves a minor problem.

KegHead