PDA

View Full Version : What category forums do you read?

Christmas
May 7th, 2006, 09:37 AM
For me, the Ubuntu Cafe is the first one. You can speak in the Cafe everything regarding any domain, from technology, IT and Ubuntu to music, movies and hobbies. The other ones would be Absolute Beginner Talk, which is a section that I find extremely useful to newbies: ask anything, even if it's a simple or dumb question and you'll get an answer. Next would be Ubuntu 5.10 Support, Kubuntu 5.10 Support and Dapper Drake Development Release. I very rarely take a look to the backyard or Jail.

In the poll I put Other Support Options and/or Previous Release Archive and/or Forum Announcements forums in one single category because the poll is limited to 10 options. Feel free to mention in a post please if their is just one of them.

What about you guys/girls?

Engnome
May 7th, 2006, 03:46 PM
Im new here but I like the cafe most. Cant really help much in the other forums since Im quite new to ubuntu (and linux)

ps. post in the cafe dont increase the post count right?

matthew
May 7th, 2006, 04:01 PM
Im new here but I like the cafe most. Cant really help much in the other forums since Im quite new to ubuntu (and linux)Welcome. We all start out knowing nothing. As you learn you can begin to give back by helping others newer than you who have questions you recognize. That's where I began. :)

ps. post in the cafe dont increase the post count right?That is correct.

Sheinar
May 7th, 2006, 04:43 PM
ps. post in the cafe dont increase the post count right?
Yep, that's why I have 11 beans, even though I've made 242 posts.

Shows how much I care about helping with peoples technical problems, eh?

transactionlogfiller
May 7th, 2006, 04:46 PM
I just click on "view new posts" and read the first couple of pages usually.

dabear
May 7th, 2006, 04:47 PM
I mainly read Absolute Beginner Talk, HOWTOs, Tips & Tricks, Ubuntu Cafe and the Dapper Drake Development Release forums

unbuntu
May 7th, 2006, 04:51 PM
Cafe, absolute beginner, and programming talk are the three ones I visit the most.

mostwanted
May 7th, 2006, 04:52 PM
I'm mostly in ABT. I don't really do anything amazing with my computer so those are the only support questions I'm qualified to answer.

Missing Programming and Ubuntu Art options in that poll!

matthew
May 7th, 2006, 05:41 PM
Yep, that's why I have 11 beans, even though I've made 242 posts.

Shows how much I care about helping with peoples technical problems, eh?Don't feel bad, community is important, too.