PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Access to yahoo mail is being blocked when using Chrome

penn919
March 28th, 2011, 06:45 AM
Hi,

Whenever I try to access my yahoo mail via Chrome on my home desktop running ubuntu 10.04, I'm automatically brought to a page saying the following:

"Sorry, the all-new Yahoo! Mail does not support your browser.
You can either download a compatible browser or proceed to Yahoo! Mail Classic."

But I know that's BS because at work I'm running the same exact OS & browser and i'm able to access my yahoo webmail just fine. I'm already aware that I can get around this error by entering a special alternative url, but that gets pretty annoying. I initially thought that this problem was probably caused by some error on the part of either Ubuntu or Google Chrome that might be corrected with the next update, but seeing how it works fine with my work desktop I'm begging to doubt that.

Any ideas what could be causing this?

penn919
March 29th, 2011, 03:06 AM
Sits patiently whilst whistling the Jeopardy melody :-\"

idef1x
March 29th, 2011, 03:17 AM
Works for me like a charm...Can't you just click on the "continue anyway" link? As far as i remember i did that and it's not bugging me about it anymore. Also using the classic Yahoo mail...

penn919
March 29th, 2011, 04:03 AM
Works for me like a charm...Can't you just click on the "continue anyway" link? As far as i remember i did that and it's not bugging me about it anymore. Also using the classic Yahoo mail...

No, I'm not provided with an option to continue anyways. When I first started using Ubuntu with Chrome I used to to be presented with that option. it stopped happening after a while but now the problem is back except for the fact that the message is different and I'm not even given an option to proceed the normal way. I'm only given the option to "proceed directly to Yahoo Classic mail" which I don't want to settle for.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/_0oR-59-USHo/TZFKUKVY_8I/AAAAAAAAMq4/RaBgJwkzkOo/Screenshot.jpg

juliobahar
April 4th, 2011, 07:59 PM
Yes annoying isn't it. Yahoo was never a good companion to linux. I'm settling to the Yahoo Mail Classic at the moment.. what to do?! I could find a solution for this.

I've read other threads most of them advise to use Yahoo Mail Classic... it is faster anyway...