PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Firefox Dark Themes Problem

fullmoonguru
March 27th, 2011, 04:48 PM
This is not the usual menu or text box problem. My default system font color is grey. I think what is happening is that some web pages don't define a font color so I end up with gray on white. The menu in FF allows you to choose font & background colors, but then it overrides the web pages. What I want is to change just the default font color (to black), within FF, so that black will be the color if the web page specifies the default color. I looked in about:config but was not successful.

Krytarik
March 27th, 2011, 05:05 PM
This is the "userContent.css" included by the Elegant Gnome theme, copy it into the "chrome" directory of your Firefox profile, "~/.mozilla/firefox/*.default", or merge it with your own. Then try to filter out the specifications you don't need/want.

input {
border: 2px inset white;
background-color: white;
color: black;
-moz-appearance: none !important;
}

textarea {
}

select {
}

input[type="radio"],
input[type="checkbox"] {
border: 2px inset white ! important;
background-color: white ! important;
color: ThreeDFace ! important;
}

*|*::-moz-radio {
}

button,
input[type="reset"],
input[type="button"],
input[type="submit"] {
border: 2px outset white;
background-color: #eeeeee;
}

body {
display: block;
margin: 8px;
}
Greetings.

Dngrsone
March 31st, 2011, 04:46 PM
Awesome! Fixed a problem I've been putting up with for months: some forums (including this one and facebook) I just couldn't read what I was typing.

jworks
October 5th, 2011, 02:45 PM
Another problem solved :) Thanks!

fullmoonguru
October 5th, 2011, 04:44 PM
Yes, I forgot to answer & thank you. Worked for me too!

Bill Gates Foundation
January 2nd, 2012, 08:16 AM
CAN some body explain the directions......more simply about how to merge.......Mr. Gates is tired of looking a white on off white web pages.......craigslist is impossible to see:popcorn:

Bill Gates Foundation
January 2nd, 2012, 08:35 AM
what doi i need to change?

Dngrsone
May 2nd, 2012, 05:56 PM
CAN some body explain the directions......more simply about how to merge.......Mr. Gates is tired of looking a white on off white web pages.......craigslist is impossible to see:popcorn:

Copy the contents of the code box and paste it into a text editor such as gedit. Save As userContent.css and then move that file into the Chrome folder in your Firefox profile. You may have to create the Chrome folder.

Restart Firefox and it should be all happy.