PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Several installations-no internet!

houshdaran
March 27th, 2011, 03:03 PM
Hello.I have installed Ubuntu 9.10 several times but my ADSL modem seems not functioning under my ubuntu.What is the problem with my installation?

fela
March 27th, 2011, 03:12 PM
If you can't connect to your ADSL modem under Ubuntu, the modem probably has a non-standard configuration and you need to manually configure the network on the Ubuntu box.

Are there any other computers that connect to the modem fine? If so, have a look at their network configurations to see what might need fixing.

Sean Moran
March 27th, 2011, 03:14 PM
Hello.I have installed Ubuntu 9.10 several times but my ADSL modem seems not functioning under my ubuntu.What is the problem with my installation?
Is it possible to ask a few questions to try to hone down the problem a little?

What is the model of modem, and the general computer specs?
Does the Live-CD allow you to open Firefox and get online?
Have you had success with any previous versions of Ubuntu, such as Jaunty?

I'm not an expert on every model of modem ever manufactured, but maybe someone has had the same setup and can point you in the right direction.

Frogs Hair
March 27th, 2011, 03:24 PM
9.10 will reach end of life next month , so you may want to put your energy in getting the internet working on a newer version of Ubuntu.

houshdaran
March 27th, 2011, 03:27 PM
9.10 will reach end of life next month , so you may want to put your energy in getting the internet working on a newer version of Ubuntu.

I did it

houshdaran
March 27th, 2011, 03:44 PM
Is it possible to ask a few questions to try to hone down the problem a little?

What is the model of modem, and the general computer specs?
Does the Live-CD allow you to open Firefox and get online?
Have you had success with any previous versions of Ubuntu, such as Jaunty?

I'm not an expert on every model of modem ever manufactured, but maybe someone has had the same setup and can point you in the right direction.

My Modem is "StarNet 2ports+USB modem" working with 12V,500mA.no,I use it alone(it only works on my windows xp on the same computer.

When running live, I cannot get online too.

My computer in an Intel® core™2 Duo CPU
E4600 @2.4 GHz
2.4 GHz, 2GB of RAM

houshdaran
March 29th, 2011, 06:58 AM
My Modem is "StarNet 2ports+USB modem" working with 12V,500mA.no,I use it alone(it only works on my windows xp on the same computer.

When running live, I cannot get online too.

My computer in an Intel® core™2 Duo CPU
E4600 @2.4 GHz
2.4 GHz, 2GB of RAM
no help?