PDA

View Full Version : Science Project Help

alegomaster
March 27th, 2011, 02:12 AM
I need some help deciding my Science Project. It has to be an inovation, and has to involve computers. Can anybody help me with an idea.

Sporkman
March 27th, 2011, 02:18 AM
I need some help deciding my Science Project. It has to be an inovation, and has to involve computers. Can anybody help me with an idea.

Write a simulation of some physical system. Include some nice graphical output.

themarker0
March 27th, 2011, 02:20 AM
Make a computer out of a kitchen appliance. Usually that gets a lot of interest.

Cheesehead
March 27th, 2011, 02:30 AM
Duplicate Galileo's experiment with gravity: Drop computers with different masses off a convenient leaning tower and time the falls.

(extra credit for doing it in period costume and doing the writeup in italian with a quill pen).

dh04000
March 27th, 2011, 07:42 PM
Make your own 8bit computer by wiring the processor yourself using thousands of cords.

Legendary_Bibo
March 27th, 2011, 07:52 PM
Perpetual energy generator. That usually knocks their socks off.

IWantFroyo
March 27th, 2011, 07:58 PM
Is this a paper?
If it's a project, pull up a guide on Java or Python, and try to write a program. Example for people in a hurry: a program that makes the mouse move about once a minute to keep the screen from sleeping, and demonstrate it on the school's computer in the middle of a lesson (my teachers would always complain about the screen shutting off on them).

Random_Dude
March 27th, 2011, 09:29 PM
Write a simulation of some physical system. Include some nice graphical output.

This one is a good suggestion.
You don't even need to learn complicated programming languages, you can use MATLAB to simulate some basic physical phenomena, if you know the physics behind it.

Cheers :cool: