PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Dual Boot Install Question

Gnome1984
March 27th, 2011, 01:54 AM
I have recently installed Ubuntu 10.10 alongside Windows 7. I specified that the operating system install alongside another OS (Windows 7). It installed fine with three different partitions: 1 partition for the already existing Windows 7 2. Storage Partition of NTFS 3. Ubuntu boot Partition. Here is my question I like the idea of only giving Windows 7 its own BOOT partition and storing as many files, programs and Data on the storage partition as possible. Since the Windows partition was already installed prior to the Ubuntu install: How do I move the programs/Data/Files onto the storage partition. Is it as simple as click and drag???

garvinrick4
March 27th, 2011, 02:15 AM
Yea that will do it. Linux and Windows both read NTFS.
Do not really see any reason at all for the boot partition.

alegomaster
March 27th, 2011, 02:18 AM
The configuration should work properly. Just make sure that all your data, and apps are going in the places you want them to be.

Gnome1984
March 27th, 2011, 02:58 AM
Could anyone point me in the direction of how to setup Firefox to share favorites and history between the two operating systems?

~Plue
March 27th, 2011, 03:06 AM
Could anyone point me in the direction of how to setup Firefox to share favorites and history between the two operating systems?

here >> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1138477 :smile: