PDA

View Full Version : Is this a good distro idea?

Dustin2128
March 25th, 2011, 11:54 PM
I had a random thought for a distro while I was working with my trouble ridden HTPC last night: how about a distribution that is designed to throw errors randomly at you to teach you to fix them? Learning is best done by experience. Insert unstable distro jokes here. Good idea or not?

jerenept
March 26th, 2011, 12:01 AM
I had a random thought for a distro while I was working with my trouble ridden HTPC last night: how about a distribution that is designed to throw errors randomly at you to teach you to fix them? Learning is best done by experience. Insert unstable distro jokes here. Good idea or not?

Sounds like Gentoo.

Hur Dur
March 26th, 2011, 12:05 AM
Damn Vulnerable Linux.

Also, things are learned through practice, not frustration.

markp1989
March 26th, 2011, 12:06 AM
lol , rather then a complete distro could just write a bash script to emulate errors on any linux system.

i voted for the install windows option :p

Dustin2128
March 26th, 2011, 12:29 AM
Damn Vulnerable Linux.

Also, things are learned through practice, not frustration.
Whoops, forgot about DVL...
If you install this distro, you either want to learn how to fix things or you're a masochist. If you're getting frustrated, reboot into a real distro.

3Miro
March 26th, 2011, 01:21 AM
This has a very speific purpose that many people would find useful (those that want to learn hard system management).

DVL is only about security, you can make this one about graphical enviroment bugs and such.