PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Lucid Blew Up My Graphics!

SedaliaSteve
March 25th, 2011, 04:19 PM
I have a Shuttle Desktop. Since it has a RAID 1 I'd installed it with the alternate CD a few years ago. It had been a pain to configure since it had an Intel chipset for HD audio. Pulse audio simply didn't work and I ended up using OSS which worked great.

I've been just keeping it at Jaunty and ignoring all the suggestions to upgrade but I had heard the newer version had better Intel support. A couple of days ago I upgraded to 10.04. I was disappointed that with pulseaudio my sound was dead and it looks like OSS is less supported. I went ahead and scrubbed pulse and installed OSS and had audio. All was well until last night when it wanted to do an upgrade that required a reboot. When it came back it had lost all knowledge of my vanilla Nvidia card. Even booting in basic graphics mode hangs the box so I now have a dumb terminal system. Is there any way to fix this easily? I'm building some boot CD's right now. I don't want to lose the disk data since there are several hundred CD's in FLAC form. It is basically a music server.

Steve