PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Cannot connect the interet

houshdaran
March 24th, 2011, 02:30 PM
Hello.I have reinstalled ubuntu(I have ubuntu 9.10 CD.Before deletion, my ubuntu upgraded to 10.4 LTS).Now I cannot connect to the internet from within my ubuntu system.I cannot even tell what's wrong.I do what I did prior to the deletion to my ubuntu to connect the internet:making an ADSL service type connection from network connections from preferences submenu, giving the user name, password, and name of the service.at the beginnings of the last year, I also had a Wireless connection.Maybe I upgraded my prievious installation from that connection.Please help me.

darkMarko
March 24th, 2011, 02:43 PM
Hi houshdaran.
I must admit that i dont know much about the fine settings for a internet connection but here is how i solved my problems.
First of do you use a USB modem or a ethernet one? If your modem supports a ethernet connection use it and not USB.USB tends to be..a problem.Ethernet just works.Second when installing a new Ubuntu ALWAYS leave your internet turned on and plugged into your computer.Ubuntu needs to configure it while installing.The third option would be to check your settings.Is eth0 selected or is lo selected when u left click the 2 blinking computers near the clock? If you are using a ethernet connection make sure eth0 is selected.Also under System> Administration> Network make sure that wired connection is set to Automatic Configuration(DHCP).
I hope this helps.

houshdaran
March 25th, 2011, 04:32 AM
Hi houshdaran.
I must admit that i dont know much about the fine settings for a internet connection but here is how i solved my problems.
First of do you use a USB modem or a ethernet one? If your modem supports a ethernet connection use it and not USB.USB tends to be..a problem.Ethernet just works.Second when installing a new Ubuntu ALWAYS leave your internet turned on and plugged into your computer.Ubuntu needs to configure it while installing.The third option would be to check your settings.Is eth0 selected or is lo selected when u left click the 2 blinking computers near the clock? If you are using a ethernet connection make sure eth0 is selected.Also under System> Administration> Network make sure that wired connection is set to Automatic Configuration(DHCP).
I hope this helps.
Sorry, What blinking computers?