PDA

View Full Version : I've been gone for a few days, so I just got back to see what I have missed...

handy
March 24th, 2011, 09:51 AM
NOTHING.

I just went through 8 pages of posts to see that it was basically full of superfluous chit/chat nothingness.

What a strange addiction we have, filling each other up with nothing worth while reading at all...

malspa
March 24th, 2011, 09:54 AM
You went through 8 pages of posts? Yeah, strange addiction!

(Just pokin' fun.)

slackthumbz
March 24th, 2011, 11:00 AM
So why post a whinging thread about it? Perhaps you have something better to contribute?

handy
March 24th, 2011, 11:01 AM
You went through 8 pages of posts? Yeah, strange addiction!

(Just pokin' fun.)

How else would I have known if anyone said anything worth reading after 3 days away?

t0p
March 24th, 2011, 11:06 AM
How else would I have known if anyone said anything worth reading after 3 days away?

I'm sure there's some kind of Google command that would filter for worthwhile content on site:ubuntuforums.org. Or if not Google, maybe Bing. I've heard that Bing is better than Google. And it certainly has prettier backgrounds. In fact, I changed my web browser's home page to www.bing.com because of the cute little fox I saw there yesterday. And today there's a wonderfully colourful photo of a village. It fair gets me juices flowing (creative, photographic juices, not the work-unsafe kind).

handy
March 24th, 2011, 11:13 AM
Thanks. I don't use Bing, only Scroogle, & I'm dumb as dog sheet when it comes to refining my search statements on these engines. (Probably because I usually don't need to.)

So perhaps it is my fault that I can't find anything interesting that has been posted here over the last 3 days...?

Actually, there is NO perhaps to it, it all comes down to my needs/desires in the end. :)

ikt
March 24th, 2011, 11:59 AM
NOTHING.

I take it you haven't seen the natty development and discussion forum?

Tristam Green
March 24th, 2011, 01:00 PM
NOTHING.

I just went through 8 pages of posts to see that it was basically full of superfluous chit/chat nothingness.

What a strange addiction we have, filling each other up with nothing worth while reading at all...

So nice of you to grace us with your intellectualism and totally uncondescending attitude about our posting habits.

chrinabuntu
March 24th, 2011, 01:07 PM
NOTHING.

Hey, you're supposed to be off listening to Stephen Fry...what are you doing here? Oh wait...perhaps that's what you've been doing for those few days! LOL! Well, I do the same thing. I get on here while at work (overnight...12 hour shift), so when I'm off I don't usually go to it. I get back to work and read thru posts for a very large portion of my 12 hr shift. I've read thru many more than just 8 pages...on many occasions.

handy
March 24th, 2011, 01:38 PM
I take it you haven't seen the natty development and discussion forum?

I don't & am not at all interested in using Ubuntu.

Great distro that it is, I prefer a different flavour. :)

handy
March 24th, 2011, 01:42 PM
So nice of you to grace us with your intellectualism and totally uncondescending attitude about our posting habits.

Thanks. :)

These are my posting habits too that I'm talking about you know.

I've been hanging around here for well over 5 years now, so I'm possibly even more guilty of being boring than most every other member here.

handy
March 24th, 2011, 01:46 PM
So why post a whinging thread about it? Perhaps you have something better to contribute?

No, at the moment I don't.

So perhaps I'm just as boring as you may be? But what do I know, I've never met you. :)

Please start an interesting thread, something that will cause those of us that need stimulation to generate responses that will make us feel like at last we have something to say that is worth the effort?

handy
March 24th, 2011, 01:54 PM
Hey, you're supposed to be off listening to Stephen Fry...what are you doing here? Oh wait...perhaps that's what you've been doing for those few days! LOL! Well, I do the same thing. I get on here while at work (overnight...12 hour shift), so when I'm off I don't usually go to it. I get back to work and read thru posts for a very large portion of my 12 hr shift. I've read thru many more than just 8 pages...on many occasions.as

I've read more than 8 at times too. :) I understand your shift work thing, I've been there too in another life. lol

We don't have TV here, so we miss out on a tiny bit of great stuff, & an enormous amount of crap.

Our choice.

All being part of our strategy with the aim of allowing us to avoid boring crap.

[edit:] But here I am... :lolflag:

Tristam Green
March 24th, 2011, 02:06 PM
http://ubuntuforums.org/images/buttons/multiquote_on.gif

To mitigate multiposting sins.

I wouldn't accuse you of being boring. If you want to accuse yourself of being such, that's cool, just don't classify others as such just because you think it sounds hip.

That's dirty pool, Mein Freund.

Welcome back to the Blasé Café.

handy
March 24th, 2011, 02:23 PM
To mitigate multiposting sins.

I wouldn't accuse you of being boring. If you want to accuse yourself of being such, that's cool, just don't classify others as such just because you think it sounds hip.

Ah! I hate it when people finally get a handle on me & appreciate that I'm nought but a trendy hipster. <doh!> Now what ever will I wear?

That's dirty pool, Mein Freund.

It's cool, I was just Jungin' with y'all.

Welcome back to the Blasé Café.

Thanks, I'm warming to it more as time goes by, & falling right back into the same old groove.

samalex
March 24th, 2011, 02:25 PM
NOTHING.

Yeah lately there's been lots of posts but little substance. From looking at the names I think most of the bigger posters moved to other forums or sites due to the Community Cafe being shut down for so long a few weeks ago. I know I did and am just now getting back to it.

slackthumbz
March 24th, 2011, 02:44 PM
No, at the moment I don't.

So perhaps I'm just as boring as you may be? But what do I know, I've never met you. :)

Please start an interesting thread, something that will cause those of us that need stimulation to generate responses that will make us feel like at last we have something to say that is worth the effort?

I started the Unity MEGA thread, to which all other Unity threads are merged. It is a colossus of obscene magnitude now.

I'm kinda proud of it ;)

handy
March 24th, 2011, 03:05 PM
Yeah lately there's been lots of posts but little substance. From looking at the names I think most of the bigger posters moved to other forums or sites due to the Community Cafe being shut down for so long a few weeks ago. I know I did and am just now getting back to it.

That could perhaps be true, some of us were at a loose end for a while there. :)

I started the Unity MEGA thread, to which all other Unity threads are merged. It is a colossus of obscene magnitude now.

I'm kinda proud of it ;)

So what are you proud of; the size or the obscenity of your creation?
:lolflag: