PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Dream Studio: Bar Not Shown At The Bottom Of Screen in GDM

GraysonPeddie
March 24th, 2011, 03:46 AM
Hi. I've done the search in Google (I even checked to see if it's already posted in the forum) but no help.

I've installed KDE 4 in Dream Studio 10.10, as I'd like to switch over to KDE 4 like I've done in my netbook.

The problem I'm having is even with the user name selected with a password box displayed, there's no bar at the bottom of the screen in GDM. I prefer GDM instead of KDM because I like the fact that I can select a user even though I'm the only user, but I do like the behavior of Windows XP/Vista/7 (select a user, hit enter, enter the password, and hit enter to login, but that's not as close to how KDM works if there's only a single user in the system -- no big deal).

So, how do I get the bar appear in the bottom of the screen after I select the user in GDM?

macinnisrr
August 12th, 2011, 07:12 AM
Did you upgrade to 10.10 from 10.04? This was a bug that had something to do with the theme that was being used for the login screen. I'll check on Dream Studio 10.10 and find a fix for you. Sorry for the late reply!