PDA

View Full Version : Blood & Chrome

wojox
March 23rd, 2011, 07:56 PM
So what are the opinions on the new BSG series?

I've saw a trailer for Caprica season 2 but that failed. To bad I enjoyed it. Apparently it didn't have enough Sci-Fi in it? A man who lives on another planet and builds cool hologram headbands and a robot army isn't sci-fi enough. :confused:

This new one does look a little more action packed. I just hope it stays for a while.

I just hope Sy-Fy isn't trying to capitalize off all the success they had with their BSG series.

cascade9
March 23rd, 2011, 08:10 PM
I just hope Sy-Fy isn't trying to capitalize off all the success they had with their BSG series.

At risk of being borlderline nasty...derr! If course thats what sy-fy is doing.

I'd bet that if they had of remade 'space 1999' and got the same ratings as they did with BSG we would be getting space 1999 spinoffs instead.

I'm almost depessed about the way that sy-fy has gone (and the way that sci-fi in a genre seems to be heading). Almost watchable stuff like SGU gets canceled, Dr Who has turned into puerile junk, geat concepts like Outcasts gets ruined in a lame duck attempt to get the 'drama' viewers watching it (fail!), and dross like chuck and eureka keeps running.

About the only series I know of I'm actually looking forward to as far as the genre goes is primeval series 5. Maybe scantuary and warehouse 13 (though series 2 was pretty 'meh'), they arent that bad....not that good, but not bad either.

But I'm a bitter, twisted person who didnt like the BSG remake at all, so my opnions count as nothing I guess.

*edit- somebody should make a 'sinister dexter' series. US/UK or UK only, I dont think that the US could do a decent sinister dexter by themselves.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sinister_Dexter

samalex
March 23rd, 2011, 08:10 PM
I hadn't heard of this, but being I LOVED both the original and new BSG series and even liked Galactica 80 (yeah blasphemy isn't it) I'd be game for another iteration of the series. Caprica though never peaked my interests much though I watched a few episodes in the beginning.

But yes, I'll definitely give another BSG series a shot. Now if they'd just bring back another Trek series that would be awesome.

wojox
March 23rd, 2011, 09:46 PM
At risk of being borlderline nasty...derr! If course thats what sy-fy is doing.

Well sometimes they should let sleeping dogs lie.

I'm almost depessed about the way that sy-fy has gone (and the way that sci-fi in a genre seems to be heading). Almost watchable stuff like SGU gets canceled, Dr Who has turned into puerile junk, geat concepts like Outcasts gets ruined in a lame duck attempt to get the 'drama' viewers watching it (fail!), and dross like chuck and eureka keeps running.

True to this. :p

Galactica 80 (yeah blasphemy isn't it)

This was the only program sci-fi related that was original and cool in the early 80's. :P