PDA

View Full Version : favorite rss reader

ubuntu_demon
May 6th, 2006, 04:15 PM
For some reason my rss feeds don't get updated anymore in thunderbird (using Dapper). See this thread :
http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=171196

So I'm wondering what the alternatives are. Which rss reader are you using ?

There are max 10 options for a poll that's why I bundled all the KDE applications in :
"knewsticker / akregator / other KDE application".

Please explain why you like your choice.

edit: I tried blam,liferea and straw. They both use quite some memory. blam is using aproximately 40 mb in resident memory and liferea aproximately 30 mb. I like the interface of liferea a little bit more (personal taste). Straw uses less memory (still more than 25 mb) but IMHO it's ugly.

liferea feels faster than thunderbird but this is (also) because it shows the summary instead of downloading and rendering the page.

matthew
May 6th, 2006, 04:21 PM
I use Liferea and like it a lot.

kaamos
May 6th, 2006, 04:33 PM
Yep, lifearea here as well.

Wolki
May 6th, 2006, 05:08 PM
I'm using Blam right now and am semi-happy with it. Tried most of the other options and liked them even less :-/

BWF89
May 6th, 2006, 05:23 PM
I don't use an RSS Reader. I'm not that lazy that I can't click on my bookmarks button and scroll down to my favorite news websites.

matthew
May 6th, 2006, 06:43 PM
I don't use an RSS Reader. I'm not that lazy that I can't click on my bookmarks button and scroll down to my favorite news websites.Except that my reader tracks over 100 sites in the same place in a convenient way. I wouldn't scroll and click 100 bookmarked sites a day (about 60 are individual comic strips) but I will look at all of them in an rss reader.

Maybe that is a bit lazy...if so it's the kind of laziness that sparks discontent with current systems and prompts people to invent new and interesting ways to accomplish tasks.

Super King
May 6th, 2006, 06:46 PM
I use Thunderbird for mail and RSS. It's nice to have everything in one place.

hotani
May 6th, 2006, 07:56 PM
http://www.netvibes.com

I have it set up with about 6 tabs now, can access from anywhere - really nice having everything online.

christhemonkey
May 6th, 2006, 07:58 PM
Why not just switch the tele on to the news channel?

(Ps i voted "i dont use an rss reader" in case your wondering!)

matthew
May 6th, 2006, 08:09 PM
Why not just switch the tele on to the news channel?

(Ps i voted "i dont use an rss reader" in case your wondering!):) The tele doesn't have Slashdot, (http://slashdot.org/) Dilbert, (http://www.dilbert.com/) or Dear Abby (http://news.yahoo.com/i/793). (Okay, I just added one of those for humorous effect, but you get the idea.)

ice60
May 6th, 2006, 09:18 PM
i just started using Lifrea and it's OK apart from the fact it keeps opening stuff in my browser. i only started to use Liferea so i wouldn't have to use my browser :-({|=

anyway, if Opera (the browser) could put feeds into folders and not just have one big menu with all the feeds next to one another then Opera would be my favourite.

GoldBuggie
May 6th, 2006, 09:30 PM
I use two:
knewsticker: Some news I just want to keep track of all the time. This helps with that since it scrolls the headlines on kicker.
Akregator: Where I bundle all sites I can rss feed off. It also can show the page of every headline that is present. This makes it very nice since it becomes a webbrowser/rss feed(with knewsticker it is only a scrollbar with headlines that launches your webbrowser). Plus that it shows the number of new headlines in the systray.

infoseeker
May 6th, 2006, 09:49 PM
I'm using Akregator but I am having minor issues with it.....

Under KDE I quite often get an error on startup (after starting KDE, something about running on another screen) and have to 'force' something or other about a database (forget exactly), but works normally after 'forcing' it.

Under Gnome Akregator quits completely when closing the app, while in KDE it keeps runnng in the taskbar.

Dapper btw

bicchi
May 7th, 2006, 12:04 AM
Firefox sage and here is why:

Chances are Firefox is allready open and why not use it for reading rss's. Besides, if you click a link you are going to open Firefox anyway since the browser renders pages better than any reader.
The RSS feeds are keep with the bookmarks and I synchronize my bookmarks with multiple machines. That means that if I modify a feed from my work computer, I would be able to see the modification at my home machine. Provided that I synchronized my bookmarks before. ;)
You can make it open the links from the feeds into a new tab. (FF >= 1.5 only)
It can handle a big volume of feeds (I currently have 550 feeds)
It can detect feeds from website and allow you to add them to the reader.
Allows you to change the style (http://sage.mozdev.org/styles/) of rendering the feeds in the browser page.

AndyCooll
May 7th, 2006, 12:15 AM
I use Liferea.

I've tried Wiz and Sage, and various others linked to Firefox but went back to Liferea.

It just seems more configurable and easier to use somehow. I have 20-30 sites producing a few hundred feeds each day. Liferea seems the easiest app for me to work my way through them, only opening up a browser for those I'm interested in reading

:cool:

Parkotron
May 7th, 2006, 08:02 PM
I went with "Other".

I'm not a heavy RSS user, so I just use the Google Personalised Home page for the few feeds I use. It's unintrusive and really convenient to see the feeds whenever I open up a browser window.

I realise some are concerned about Google collecting personal information and whatnot, but quite frankly, I'm not overly worried about them knowing that I read The Onion, The Register, CBC news and a few stupid webcomics.

TeeAhr1
May 8th, 2006, 02:22 PM
I love the features of rssowl, but Java's a total memory ****. Until I can find an all-in-one solution that doesn't bog my system down to the point of uselessness, I use the Sage plugin in Firefox for its feed finder feature (say that ten times fast), then plug the feed into Liferea (because I like an independent interface, as opposed to Sage's in-page navigation).

Anyone know a good solution with its own feed finder? I hate having two apps to complete one task.

ubuntu_demon
May 30th, 2006, 09:09 PM
Well I've tried lifeerea for a while. And it has become my favorite rss reader :). It looks nice, it does what it is told to do and it isn't buggy.

Jucato
May 31st, 2006, 01:12 AM
Using akregator in KDE. If I used Firefox all the time, I would just stick to it or one of its extensions for RSS. But since I'm using Konqueror for browsing, I stick to akregator.

@infoseek: I'm not sure about the error you're getting in KDE, but are you certain it's caused by akregator? As for running in the system tray, you can configure akregator not to have a system tray icon, so that it really closes when you close it. It's in the Settings > Configure akregator menu.

benplaut
May 31st, 2006, 03:06 AM
i only read about 10 or 20 feeds, so i use netvibes.

Jucato
May 31st, 2006, 07:32 AM
Forgive me for getting a bit off-topic, but can anyone recommend a sort of online RSS reader? I want to be able to view my feeds in one place even when I'm not on Linux. It could also be advantageous when I want to check my feeds on my mobile phone. Thanks! :D

traherom
June 14th, 2006, 01:30 PM
I use yarssr, mostly because it can minimize to the tray and is in the repos. It lacks a window to actually read the feed in, but if I see a heading that might be interesting, I don't mind opening Firefox.

--EDIT--
Oh, Fenyx, try Google Reader (http://www.google.com/reader/view/).

Christmas
June 14th, 2006, 01:41 PM
I use Akregator, just today I discovered this RSS Feed thing. I didn't try other clients, but Akregator seems to me like all that I need, it rocks! If anyone here can help me with this thread http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=196380 you're welcomed, please.

CronoDekar
June 14th, 2006, 05:09 PM
I'm not exactly being fair since I haven't tried out other RSS readers, but I find that Opera's built-in RSS reader to be sufficient for me. Nice, light, and included right in the browser that I have open all the time.

Bittorrent and IRC though... I use external apps for those.

Beej
June 19th, 2006, 07:08 PM
I'm with CronoDekar

bruce89
June 19th, 2006, 07:13 PM
Liferea, but it has some issues, it can't seem to remember what I have read, and also the preferences are too complicated. It also doesn't seems to follow Gnome standard menu stucture. I would like to see it running XULrunner.

neymac
July 12th, 2006, 05:53 PM
Liferea is my choice for RSS reader.
Easy, simple to setup and powerfull.

Get
July 12th, 2006, 06:01 PM
I like to use a web-based RSS-reader. I was using Google Reader, but I was not happy with it. So, therefore I changed to News Alloy (http://www.newsalloy.com/) and I like it a lot. A little funny thing is that News Alloy is looking very much like Gmail, so it's almost more Google on it, than Google Reader.

cuboconojos
July 29th, 2006, 06:49 PM
I use Goolge Reader (http://reader.google.com), it's very nice. But I would love to find a light reader to use in Xfce... I tried liferea but found it a little heavy.

Greettings from Chile

pearlie
January 30th, 2007, 07:25 PM
Feedraider (http://feedraider.com/) is a handy online aggregator - totally customizable, fun to play with, nice if you work on different machines at different times of the day. Gives a short precis when you hove the mouse over an item. Trivial exercise to add your own feeds.

Jack78
November 25th, 2007, 02:35 AM
I use thunderbird

timpino
November 25th, 2007, 02:43 AM
I use Opera

Vadi
November 25th, 2007, 02:44 AM
Liferea

Kingsley
November 25th, 2007, 03:12 AM
I use Google Reader.

Incense
November 25th, 2007, 05:36 AM
Akregator, the whole Kontact deal is fantastic!

reacocard
November 25th, 2007, 07:39 AM
I like liferea. It does use a bit of RAM but it does exactly what I need without getting in my way at all.

LaRoza
November 25th, 2007, 07:42 AM
Opera

UbuWu
November 25th, 2007, 01:43 PM
Google reader.

guillelo11
November 25th, 2007, 02:18 PM
I use Firefox

samwyse
November 25th, 2007, 03:20 PM
Akregator because it's in Kontact.

corney91
November 25th, 2007, 03:28 PM
Opera

userundefine
November 25th, 2007, 04:26 PM
Newsbeuter > all

Console app.

Mateo
November 25th, 2007, 04:34 PM
google reader.

pdub
December 30th, 2007, 04:44 PM
Google Reader

Easy access from multiple computers.

gakudva
December 30th, 2007, 04:46 PM
I use Google reader

aonegodman
December 30th, 2007, 05:43 PM
Just started using Google reader.

abh83
February 16th, 2008, 12:01 PM
I'm also looking for a news reader. Preferably something very light weight with as little memory usage as possible. I saw somewhere (unfortunately I don't remember what site it was) a scrolling desktop news reader. I'm not sure if it was a screenlet/gDesklet but I've checked those out already and can't seem to find it.

Help is greatly appreciated!

vishzilla
February 16th, 2008, 12:35 PM
Liferea works fine!

htor
February 16th, 2008, 03:32 PM
Epiphany browser + News Feed Subscription extension + Liferea

koleoptero
February 16th, 2008, 03:47 PM
I ue liferea, but I don't use rss very much so I didn't actually check out other readers. Liferea is simple and light enough for me.

kellemes
February 16th, 2008, 03:52 PM
google reader.

Vadi
February 16th, 2008, 03:54 PM
Liferea here too.

dashnak
February 16th, 2008, 04:05 PM
Google reader

emiltusiowy
February 16th, 2008, 11:04 PM
Google Reader of course :)

ice60
February 19th, 2008, 01:02 AM
i'm using an ubuntu livecd and just installed a few firefox extensions to try out. i got Newsfox, a firefox RSS reader, and it's really, really good! have a look at the screenshot -

http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/th.159c2c0a82.png (http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/image.php?159c2c0a82.png)

i still think i prefer a standalone RSS reader, but newsfox is great and i'm going to install it on my main desktop.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/629
http://newsfox.mozdev.org/

Cr0wley
February 26th, 2008, 06:46 PM
I'm an Ubuntu newbie but I use Sharpreader on Windows and have found Liferea thanks to the poll. From what I've seen, the Linux readers seem to be far prettier than the Windows offerings

Gen2ly
March 24th, 2008, 08:17 PM
Google reader is very nice. I tried liferea I think the firefox integration really slows it down on my laptop.

Depressed Man
March 24th, 2008, 08:26 PM
Google Reader, so I can read it from a variety of devices.

kidux
April 7th, 2008, 04:33 PM
I use the Evolution-RSS plugin for Evolution. I get my mail and RSS feeds in one place, and it's sufficient for what I read. Plus I prefer summaries so I can decide whether I want to read the full article without actually downloading whole page, considering my bandwith usage limitations that is a very good thing.

ghindo
April 7th, 2008, 06:00 PM
Google Reader, so I can check my feeds from any computer I want and easily share with friends.

I don't understand the appeal of using a separate program - could someone explain it to me?

gnimsh
April 15th, 2008, 01:31 AM
I like to use a separate program for a few reasons. 1) I always have a lot of tabs open from reading digg, or just goofing around, or whatever. 2) I think google reader looks kind of ugly. 3) I like being able to open a program right on my desktop and be able to see all the feeds. I don't want to open swiftweasel and then browse to some online service, even though as I think about it its one more click to the toolbar bookmarks folder... Cool thing about liferea is it saves your feeds so you can view them offline too.

On that note, I get annoyed by that at times because it keeps refreshing things I've already read. I'm pretty sure that the way to fix that is to go to preferences, the feeds tab, and then tell it save maybe 5 or less items per feed. The default is set to 100, so it just saves everything. This has worked pretty well so far for me.

noremac
April 15th, 2008, 03:07 AM
I use Google Reader. I tend to use different computers to read RSS feeds. Whether it be my home desktop, laptop or a school computer, I can always go straight to the unread articles.

cardinals_fan
April 15th, 2008, 04:35 AM
Google Reader.

EDIT: I use Opera now.

graabein
April 15th, 2008, 08:12 AM
Google Reader does it for me.

HuBaghdadi
April 15th, 2008, 09:10 AM
Google Reader make me cry.

Swingueur
April 15th, 2008, 10:16 AM
I use liferea at home, but I will export my optml file in netvibes for connections in other locations.

gnimsh
April 15th, 2008, 11:18 PM
So I actually found out that by limiting the feeds saved to 5 in liferea, it only displays 5 feeds and no more even if there are more updates. Having said that, I also exported my feeds from liferea and imported them in thunderbird and I have to say, its been a while since I used thunderbird as an RSS reader and I'm pretty impressed. In liferea, my school's paper feed showed just a summary of the article and I'd have to click through to read it, but thunderbird takes me right to the main page, which I really love.

dedmonds
April 15th, 2008, 11:29 PM
I use Google Reader. I often access my feed subscriptions from several different computers throughout the course of a day.

diskotek
April 16th, 2008, 12:12 AM
i'm using claws-mail (http://www.claws-mail.org) for rss fees (with RSSyl plug-in). nice'n easy....

TheAkshaT
May 24th, 2008, 08:26 PM
Does any of the gnome desktop RSS readers integrate the Bloglines web services (http://www.bloglines.com/services/api/)?

karellen
May 24th, 2008, 09:18 PM
akregator

pluviosity
May 24th, 2008, 10:36 PM
Akregator
Awesome app it is

Orlsend
July 23rd, 2008, 02:57 PM
When I used Windows, I used to Use RssOWl. now in Ubuntu, He dislikes my RssOwl so I am in search for a new RSS reader

cuboconojos
July 23rd, 2008, 04:55 PM
Use Google Reader... it rocks!

Orlsend
July 23rd, 2008, 05:01 PM
Sadly I just got the Google Gadgets going, So until I fix RSSOwl, Google reader

Jason-X
July 23rd, 2008, 05:20 PM
Google Reader, so I can read it from a variety of devices.

Same here. Just like gmail I can access it at work.:)

Vadi
July 24th, 2008, 09:26 PM
I'd give Liferea a try too as it's currently first one :)

cardinals_fan
July 24th, 2008, 10:31 PM
I'm loving FeedBucket at the moment. It's so light...

medusaorange
August 24th, 2008, 05:28 AM
Sadly I just got the Google Gadgets going, So until I fix RSSOwl, Google reader

I am doing the same thing. I was so glad when I saw RSS Owl supports Linux.. But then I tried it and it was horrible. :mad:

doorknob60
August 24th, 2008, 09:07 AM
Google reader FTW. Everything's all right there on my home page (iGoogle), Gmail, RSS, links to sites, etc.

Kuoi
August 28th, 2008, 01:51 PM
Hello ,

After reading this treath I've decided to test Liferea.
I was using the evolution plugin before , but must say LIFEREA is way better.
Easy to use , and does what it was made for.

I'm new to RSS , but like it already :)

LIFEREA rules !!! (for me ;))

Kuoi

finer recliner
August 28th, 2008, 01:56 PM
google reader FTW

tdrusk
August 28th, 2008, 02:22 PM
Google Reader. It ties in with my Gmail and works fine. I can also see my feeds on other computers.

Masoris
August 28th, 2008, 03:00 PM
Google reader is the best, and liferea is the second best for me.

userundefine
August 29th, 2008, 10:55 PM
I've converted to Liferea from newsbeuter. It has everything that bothered me about newsbeuter.

vrdabomb5717
August 29th, 2008, 11:59 PM
I use Netvibes with tabs for Email/Apps, News, Science, Computers, Politics, Humor, and Meebo. It has everything I want in one place. The only thing is that sometimes, it becomes overwhelming to keep up with all of the feeds; there's just so much to read and not enough time to read them all.

wolfen69
August 30th, 2008, 01:58 AM
i use opera for rss.

init1
August 30th, 2008, 03:37 AM
I use iGoogle

jis
August 30th, 2008, 01:05 PM
I have had problems with liferea: Sometimes it can't mark all messages as read.

Hire
August 30th, 2008, 01:42 PM
Absolute liferea :D

aboud
November 19th, 2008, 11:52 PM
ye Liferea is good. and the best.
beside it, i use RSS Ticker with moving scroll line, and i'm looking for such a thing standalone, or in the panel. any one have idea?

sirjoebob
November 19th, 2008, 11:55 PM
What, no Google Reader???

I use this so I can track my feeds across multiple PCs. This is made even better with Mozilla's Prism.... No need for RSS-apps.

I can sit there and watch feeds all day :popcorn:

mcongom
February 9th, 2009, 04:36 PM
Hi everyone! I use liferead, and have a problem when updating the feeds. When i read an article and then delete it, liferead downloads again the article. What can i do??

finer recliner
February 9th, 2009, 05:12 PM
Hi everyone! I use liferead, and have a problem when updating the feeds. When i read an article and then delete it, liferead downloads again the article. What can i do??

I recommend you start a new thread for your problem. this isn't really an appropriate thread to ask for help in...

brightsmile
March 4th, 2009, 12:04 AM
Pffft, Google Reader doesn't even have include/exclude filters for feed posts! I don't understand why so many people recommend it..

If you're looking for something really powerful & flexible, use Canto:

http://codezen.org/canto/

I've tried lots of feed readers over the years (3+), and this is the best:

- has filters
- you can set hotkeys for lots of actions
- very clean look & efficient interface
- CLI-only, so it's fast & light on resources

BTW, according to the author, the package in the Intrepid repo has a bug, so install it from source, if you can / need.

(I've contacted the author and he's very responsive.)

DocForbin
May 10th, 2009, 10:36 PM
I have had problems with liferea: Sometimes it can't mark all messages as read.
Yeah, this is very annoying.

Dommels
May 21st, 2009, 09:37 AM
At the office I use Ubuntu desktop but at home I use Apple (don't want to start any flamewars ;)).

At the office, I sometimes use lifera; but I'm waiting for something better to come along.

At home, I use Vienna (http://www.vienna-rss.org/) and I would love to see it ported to the Ubuntu platform since I truly believe that Vienna is a very cool rss reader with it's adagio "less is more".

Can the OpenSource rss reader Vienna be ported to Ubuntu-platform?

Don't know if this is the place to request this; I'll post this also at the Vienna site.

thanks!

t0p
May 21st, 2009, 09:51 AM
I use Live Bookmarks (I think it's called) in firefox. I don't subscribe to many feeds, so I haven't bothered trying anything else.

Maybe one day when I'm bored and don't have anything better to do, I'll try something else. But right now I've got loads better to do... like take part in polls like this...

Mark76
May 21st, 2009, 10:05 AM
I use ReTicker. A ROX panel applet :)

CrazyArcher
May 21st, 2009, 10:16 AM
I use Opera's built-in reader.

morghanphoenix
May 27th, 2009, 05:20 AM
Well, when I was still using KDE 3.5 I really loved akregator, but that had more to do with how well it integrated into the main kontact window than with the program itself. Now that all the distros are moving on to KDE4 I'm using liferea it is working great for me.

x33a
May 27th, 2009, 07:27 AM
i have been using brief (firefox) for more than a year, and it absolutely rocks. i have tried sage, sage-too, wizz, but liked brief the most.

it has a nice interface with support for customization, supports keyboard shortcuts and import/export of opml.

tik
May 27th, 2009, 07:32 AM
Google Reader

ctrlmd
May 27th, 2009, 08:22 AM
thunderbird i think is the best rss reader on linux

liferea frozen for 5min when i switch between links

akregator doesnt organize stuff correctly

BrMBr
August 14th, 2009, 06:16 PM
I was using brief, but it was eating too much memory, so I changed to Liferea and am quite happy! :KS

fela
August 14th, 2009, 06:23 PM
I've only tried thunderbird. I don't have it installed right now, and not going to. Might try liferea though.

khelben1979
August 14th, 2009, 06:46 PM
Akregator (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akregator#News_Feed_Aggregator).

gOLdenHaWK3D
August 17th, 2009, 05:53 PM
Never felt the need to use one. If I will, in future, then I will inform :D
Maybe Firefox would be the one I'll use.

bornagainpenguin
August 27th, 2009, 09:55 PM
I don't use an RSS Reader. I'm not that lazy that I can't click on my bookmarks button and scroll down to my favorite news websites.

Funny...that doesn't seem to work too well when there's no WiFi in the area, meanwhile if I have my feeds setup in Straw I can have all my news up to the point of no longer having an internet connection to read offline until I am once again in an area with WiFi.

So you see it isn't necessarily laziness so much as not living in a world with universal WiFi coverage...

What, no Google Reader???

Well considering when the thread was started some considerations have to be made for what was available at the time of posting... ;)

--bornagainpenguin

BackwardsDown
August 27th, 2009, 10:04 PM
I find Google Reader by far the best RSS reader out there :)

You can even read it offline (not that I use it) with Google Gears.

Jesus_Valdez
August 27th, 2009, 10:31 PM
Google Reader.

I can read my feeds from anything with conection to the web.

bornagainpenguin
August 27th, 2009, 10:40 PM
I find Google Reader by far the best RSS reader out there :)

You can even read it offline (not that I use it) with Google Gears.

Yeah, but how well does that work in being truly offline--even with gears? I've tried it off and on ever since it was launched and I have yet to be able to truly get everything to work offline. I see people constantly touting gears as being able to make Google Reader work offline, and I don't want to call anyone a liar, but that just doesn't match my experiences...

--bornagainpenguin

chriskin
August 27th, 2009, 10:44 PM
Liferea for me

calrogman
August 28th, 2009, 02:27 AM
Canto.

elmaz
August 28th, 2009, 05:03 AM
Google Reader

vishzilla
August 28th, 2009, 05:24 AM
Feedly Fx addon (which is Google Reader + Twitter)

y6FgBn)~v
August 28th, 2009, 05:48 AM
Google Reader.

henryfranz2005
November 4th, 2009, 04:10 AM
lifarea is good.

DogMatix
May 4th, 2010, 11:14 PM
Opera mail client. As I always install Opera it saves installing anything else.

Rytron
October 10th, 2011, 03:57 PM
I love Liferea but it is a shame it has no add-on like Adblock Plus for Firefox.

Is there a feed reader with addons such as Adblock Plus?

~ Thanks

tomek_wap
November 11th, 2011, 12:41 AM
Liferea seems the best, but it has a small bug - it does not show a scroll bar in the news window (normal mode).

Akreagator looks sweet, but also no Google sync... :(

mamamia88
November 11th, 2011, 04:38 AM
google reader in browser is good enough for me. no point wasting ram.

zer010
November 11th, 2011, 07:12 AM
Don't really subscribe to much, so I have no use for a dedicated reader like liferea, although I have used it. Thunderbird works well enough for me right now.

FarJumper
November 13th, 2011, 07:41 AM
Using new reader News! (http://code.google.com/p/newspaper/).

markbl
November 13th, 2011, 08:50 AM
Just came to vote here and to my surprise the RSS reader which I am sure would win this poll is not even included in the list!

Surely most people would use Google Reader? It's just the easiest, available on all my devices, and works really well.

aravinthrk
January 2nd, 2012, 07:02 PM
Liferea so far. Managed to compile the latest version against GTK 3 in Ubuntu 11.10 and there is a significant performance jump.

How-to posted here:

http://aravinthrk.blogspot.com/2011/12/liferea-with-gtk3-support-lands-in.html