PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Old files appear on my Desktop at boot

Jonners59
March 22nd, 2011, 12:27 PM
I have started getting an odd issue.

On reboot I get old files and foilders that were deleted some time ago. I also get the contents of an old etc directory installed in to my HOME directory. I delete these everytime I log on, but they always re appear. Any ideas, please???

PS. I use Lucky Backup to back yo my machine. COuld that have anything to do with it and how do I fix things.

Krytarik
March 22nd, 2011, 02:53 PM
May it be that you accidentally "backup" the other way around?

Do any other things get reverted after reboot/relogin?

Jonners59
March 22nd, 2011, 03:03 PM
Trouble is it is hard to say.

I have just checked the Lucky Backup settings and they are the correct way round. I have just run a Backup and it has put everything back on the desktop.

My only thoughts are:
1. Could the back up be working the wrong way round or
2. Could a historic backup that auto recovered have now left a confihg/image in the current setup which in turn is now being backed up and then reinstated as a result of this config/image
3. What other files/folders and directories are being duplicated....????

Jonners59
March 22nd, 2011, 03:13 PM
This may be user error. I have just noted that the setting for the backups was set to "Synchronize Source and Destination". I have just changed to "Backup the contents of the Source Directory"....

Krytarik
March 22nd, 2011, 03:15 PM
This may be user error. I have just noted that the setting for the backups was set to "Synchronize Source and Destination". I have just changed to "Backup the contents of the Source Directory"....
LOL:-D Great then!

Jonners59
March 22nd, 2011, 05:39 PM
Yup, Deleted the old saved files and then re ran the backup and have just done a reboot.

Call it old age!