PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] My laptops wireless issue cuts off connection for other devices using connection!!

breemiller
March 22nd, 2011, 05:43 AM
okay so i'm currently attempting to fix what i think to be a driver issue on my laptop, I installed 10.10 a couple days ago and have not been able to connect to the internet.
But network signal is recognized and when I click connect from applet "connection established" but there is still no internet which I have seen other people have posted about...

my catch is that when I try to use internet, establish connection or download software update it kicks off the other devices in the house using the wireless connection!

anybody have any ideas what to do from here? ~thanx

conneco
March 22nd, 2011, 10:33 AM
Could be that your using the IP thats ment for the gateway, say you static assign the your ubu box the IP of your gateway then you'd expect for no one to be able to communicate outside of the lan,

Whats the output of

ifconfig

breemiller
March 23rd, 2011, 03:17 AM
could be but frankly I have no idea how to go about fixing all that stuff you just talked about...:)

since i'm obviously using another machine for internet use i saved a screen shot of ifconfig and uploaded it to photobucket.. here is the link

http://i1219.photobucket.com/albums/dd436/breemiller1/ifconfigterminalcommand.jpg