PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] ok so i just got a cooler master heat sink and ran....

4an1
March 21st, 2011, 08:47 PM
ok so i just got a cooler master heat sink and ran....

and i can get it mounted all the way there only 3 thats mounted, its on there tight, should o be worryd about this or should i just leave it alone?

not only that how do i speed up my fan?

ChrisWells
March 21st, 2011, 09:13 PM
What heatsink it is? If there are 4 screw holes then you have to use them all, and it has to be very tight. I use a Hyper 212+ and the screws will only tighten a certain amount until they stop. You have to have it tight or you could easily overheat the CPU it's very sensitive, and it might not be pushing on the thermal paste enough. You will definately have bad temps if it's not on 100% so just redo it, they can be tricky sometimes but once it's done it's done. P.s sorry I saw that you had it on tight, but having 3 screws out of 4 will cause leverage on one side and still possibly have bad contact on the CPU/paste. Like I say just redo it and have peace of mind.

4an1
March 23rd, 2011, 06:34 AM
thx for the info bro, lucky i dont have a heavy duty cpu, but with upgrade to a amd x4 i will refasten the heat sink.