PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Open challenge in OOO Spreadsheet

gpdas
March 21st, 2011, 01:47 PM
Hi All,
Sorry, I have used the words 'Open Challenge'.
I have attached a spreadsheet 'Sample file for filter.ods'.
TASK: In a presentation, I would like to show what are the Topics of India on Day-1 , Day-2 , Day-3 , Day-4. That means I am going to Filter India and (Day-1, Day-2, Day-3, Day-4).
Any suggestion is highly welcome.

gpdas
March 22nd, 2011, 09:02 AM
Hi
I am surprised that no one is able to answer this till now!!!:o

Copper Bezel
March 22nd, 2011, 09:21 AM
Could you make the question a little more specific? Are you loading this file through another program, or are you asking about applying filters within OOo itself? And how long is the real list you're actually filtering?

If you're just trying to pull the information out of the spreadsheet for each day, could you just select the columns, then go to Data -> Sort and sort by Day?

cutekazuya
March 22nd, 2011, 01:43 PM
Hi All,
Sorry, I have used the words 'Open Challenge'.
I have attached a spreadsheet 'Sample file for filter.ods'.
TASK: In a presentation, I would like to show what are the Topics of India on Day-1 , Day-2 , Day-3 , Day-4. That means I am going to Filter India and (Day-1, Day-2, Day-3, Day-4).
Any suggestion is highly welcome.

Should this really be in ubuntu forums? Not sure what you mean exactly but have a look at attached file that ive just quickly done.

gpdas
March 23rd, 2011, 05:51 AM
Of course it is a OOO spreadsheet problem but I put it in Forum for any help.
In the spreadsheet I have attached, I want to filter Country-India and Day-1,2,3,4.
This is a simple filter operation and hope OOo spreadsheet is unable to solve.
Any remark....

cutekazuya
March 23rd, 2011, 11:12 AM
did you have a look at the same file i attached previously? I have created a filter for you in the file rather than explaining on the forum.

so have a look at my previous attachment.

gpdas
March 24th, 2011, 07:23 AM
Thanks CUTEKAZAU,
You have taken a lot of pain, but is it possible to do it while presenting the data in a meeting? If you take a look in MS Office 2007. It is very flexible and needs no technical idea and you can do it quickly also. Can we have a same type of solution in OOo?

cutekazuya
April 6th, 2011, 04:05 PM
Thanks CUTEKAZAU,
You have taken a lot of pain, but is it possible to do it while presenting the data in a meeting? If you take a look in MS Office 2007. It is very flexible and needs no technical idea and you can do it quickly also. Can we have a same type of solution in OOo?

There are various ways of doing this and the way i did was using a lookup function which can be found on either MS office or OOO. I am unaware of any flexible or less technical way of doing this because it is already as easy at it can be.

I suggest you to post more questions or your challenges here:
http://www.oooforum.org/forum/viewforum.phtml?f=3